Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

dtagirov

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2019
even if this does not fit, you can bend your case as you need; you need strong hands, and possibly a hydraulic press.

at least now we know that nothing is impossible for sentry.

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Mine was picked up today at 8:54 and is scheduled to arrive today until 22:00... thanks for chosing DHL Express @SaperPL . I cant wait to finally complete my build that I started months ago... I'll use liquid metal instead of thermal paste between my 3800x and the black ridge while I'm at it... Im so excited ???

Reactions: Brude27

cyberhoundMkII

Cable Smoosher
Sep 7, 2018
I'll use liquid metal instead of thermal paste between my 3800x and the black ridge while I'm at it...

Is it OK to put 105 TDP CPU with air cooling in Sentry? I'm asking, because I wanted to put 3900x in there, and someone mentioned it would melt a hole in my desk, but if that was a myth I would gladly try it out.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Is it OK to put 105 TDP CPU with air cooling in Sentry? I'm asking, because I wanted to put 3900x in there, and someone mentioned it would melt a hole in my desk, but if that was a myth I would gladly try it out.
I am using the 3800x with a black ridge and normal thermal paste in my rig right now, so it should be fine in the sentry case tbh. Im using the 120mm noctua fan under the heatsink though, combined with vlp memory, so its the absolute maximum you can get out of the 47mm restriction with air cooling. before I used the cryorig C7G with the noctua 9x15 fan from the L9i and it was a disaster. The cpu almost instantly reached 100° when under any load and was basically impossible to cool even with the eco mode turned on...

Id say if you are using the gigabyte x570 board, the black ridge with 120mm fan and vlp memory (and you have to remove the chipset fan to make it fit) you could probably use a 3900x no problem. I havent tried it though, so take that advice with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Dustbunnyck

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
I just got the call from DHL to let me know the day it arrive and to tell me the fucking 110% tax i will have to pay for it... I hate my country...

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
I just got the call from DHL to let me know the day it arrive and to tell me the fucking 110% tax i will have to pay for it... I hate my country...

WOW.... are you sure this is a 110% tax? Not 10% ?

" IMPORT CUSTOMS PROCEDURES IN BRAZIL: import duty rates range from 10% to 35% " (c) link

Reactions: LeandroB

Mope

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2019
Excuse me, did you ship in mainland China? I did not receive any information in my email or phone.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Excuse me, did you ship in mainland China? I did not receive any information in my email or phone.

We did ship single case orders to China this week. All orders with two or three or more cases will go with the last shipment because we have to be extra careful to not mix up colours and invoices with increased amount of invoice copies that we need to present for customs clearance. We have written about this in one of previous updates.

In other news: another example why you should be extra careful with the card compatibility and why we are waiting a bit after the new GPU launches before we add them to the list.

PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 590 8GB GDDR5:
https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1551768690#spe

We have marked this card as no compatibility with "maybe" because the shroud of the card seemed a bit big and I think dimensions were really off with how those were measured. Yet on all photos the card's PCB looked reference-sized so it might have fit. So the card had NO marked in orange.

One of the backers contacted us today to inform us this card will definitely not fit, and after looking at the card's photos, I think this is the first time I have seen this specific card. In the top spinner of the product page, there is still one old photo however:

Compare how much the PCB stands out on the left side after the bracket ends to how much it stands out in this photo:

So once again be careful with the card fitting

Jason Stewart

What's an ITX?
Dec 14, 2019
I am one of the folks who bought more then one case. Could you give us some idea when the last shipment will be going out?
Looking forward to building with these cases!!

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
So I just finished my build, everything fits and it all works. PCIe 4.0 did not work with the riser, but setting it to 3.0 in BIOS fixed all issues.

Liquid metal on the 3800x brought temps down by 8-10 degrees, which is definitely nice imo.

If there was a PCIe 4.0 riser in the future I would definitely buy it though just to futureproof the case.
Here is a picture of my finished build in all of its glory!

All the hardware I have in the case right now:

Mope

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2019
I am very sorry that I may have missed the email reminder. I found the DHL email received on December 12 and sent a reminder in the mailbox. Glad I can receive it soon!

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
WOW.... are you sure this is a 110% tax? Not 10% ?

" IMPORT CUSTOMS PROCEDURES IN BRAZIL: import duty rates range from 10% to 35% " (c) link
So, yeah, you are considering just the import duties that was taxed in 35%, however, the Merchandise and Service Circulation tax, which is a State tax thats varies from State to State is around 60% for this type of product... ;_;
They also charged a administrative fee...
In total i was taxed in 1,259.29 reais (thats 275.51 euros).
but to be honest i was kinda expecting that, so i saved money... But it hurts anyway. lol

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
So, yeah, you are considering just the import duties that was taxed in 35%, however, the Merchandise and Service Circulation tax, which is a State tax thats varies from State to State is around 60% for this type of product... ;_;
They also charged a administrative fee...
In total i was taxed in 1,259.29 reais (thats 275.51 euros).
but to be honest i was kinda expecting that, so i saved money... But it hurts anyway. lol

???

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@sauib786 I’d assume you changed your address or ordered multiple cases? Both choices/circumstances earned getting shipped out last. I’m unhappily in the same boat as you.

Reactions: sauib786