DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Hey!

New Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 5700 8G GDDR6 is released with dimensions:
2.3 slot, ATX
Dimension: 254 x 135 x 46.5 (mm)

Do you think it will fit Sentry 2.0?
Nope, that's too tall/wide.
130mm (112mm of reference pcb width + 18mm of possible oversize) is max what you can fit if there's a recess for the PEG connectors on the card (there is one in this card).

As for the card thickness of 2.3 slot/46.5mm, this could fit, there's like 8~9mm of space below the 2 slot card but the fans would be really close to perforation making them loud by turbulence.

Reactions: LeandroB

Thrusher

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Thanks for you answer!

I really want to make build with Ryzen 3600 and TX 5700 XT and for now all non reference cards are huge :(

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Asrock has a model with promising dimensions :)
according to asrocks site it is 137mm high, which would not fit. however I do not know if they measure from the bottom of the pcie bracket or from the bottom of the pcb.

I like that it has 8+8 pin power connectors, finally no more dangling around pcie connector bits from the sf750 stock cables

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
according to asrocks site it is 137mm high, which would not fit. however I do not know if they measure from the bottom of the pcie bracket or from the bottom of the pcb.

I like that it has 8+8 pin power connectors, finally no more dangling around pcie connector bits from the sf750 stock cables
From the photos it seems like it should fit. Dunno where those 137mm are measured though.
Check out this post by @Necere which explanins where Asrock got the 137mm.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
So the 137mm is including the end of the pci bracket. It should fit then considering 42mm width/2 slots.

@ASRock System - Can you confirm the dimensions of your non-reference 5700XT ?

Curvas

Caliper Novice
Nov 17, 2017
Nope, that's too tall/wide.
130mm (112mm of reference pcb width + 18mm of possible oversize) is max what you can fit if there's a recess for the PEG connectors on the card (there is one in this card).

As for the card thickness of 2.3 slot/46.5mm, this could fit, there's like 8~9mm of space below the 2 slot card but the fans would be really close to perforation making them loud by turbulence.

It looks like the PEG connectors don't need to be plugged exactly at the edge, will the 18mm connectors fit?

Last edited:

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
The card itself will not fit, but this is an example of how the connector should be recessed - note that the connector is located where it should be with reference sized PCB - the oversize is only on the cooler and the backplate.

Curvas

Caliper Novice
Nov 17, 2017
The card itself will not fit, but this is an example of how the connector should be recessed - note that the connector is located where it should be with reference sized PCB - the oversize is only on the cooler and the backplate.

I misunderstood the recess part, thanks for the explaining.

It's very sad that it seems all the 5700 xt partner cards available currently are big and thick.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
so the Asrock 5700 xt with the shroud and fans removed and replaced with 2 120mm noctua fans are my gpu of choice then :D cant wait :D

Curvas

Caliper Novice
Nov 17, 2017
Asrock one seems to fit though.

wow cool, and just found another promising one from MSI

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
wow cool, and just found another promising one from MSI

that one seems to be worse than the asrock version though, much shorter (leaves more unused space in sentry 2.0), and thicker (more turbulence created by it being close to the side panel)
well have to wait for reviews though.

I like that the asrock card is top/bottom exhaust, probably works well with the perforated top panel of the case (in vertical orientation)

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Power Color has 2 gpu contenders. The red dragon is standard 2 slot by the looks of it, but taller than normal.

Then, the their standard model is no taller or wider than the 2 PCIE slots. This one is the best 5700XT I've seen for SFF compatibility.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Just got my hands on ASRock rx 5700 xt challenger, can confirm the width is around 120mm.

thats great to hear, thanks!
could you measure how thick the card is from the bottom of the pcb (not including the backplate)?

Im kinda curious if I could use the Heatsink without shroud and fans with 2 Noctua A12x25 fans or if I have to settle for the 15mm thick variant for my sentry build

Its now available for preorder in a german store for 504€, where did you get yours?

Last edited:

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Im kinda curious if I could use the Heatsink without shroud and fans with 2 Noctua A12x25 fans or if I have to settle for the 15mm thick variant for my sentry build

I doubt that you can swap slim GPU fans for 25 mm fans. Even using 15 mm will probably be pretty close to perforation and will get loud.

Curvas

Caliper Novice
Nov 17, 2017
thats great to hear, thanks!
could you measure how thick the card is from the bottom of the pcb (not including the backplate)?

Its now available for preorder in a german store for 504€, where did you get yours?

Here's the measure, not very accurate but can give a general idea, one thing to notice is that the heatsink at the port's side (3 in total), is irregularly shaped, the highest part is 30mm, and it's inevitable if putting a 120mm fan on it, unless you shift the fans to the other side to avoid this piece of metal totally, the rest 2 are all 20mm height (blue circle, another one unseen in the picture).

Got mine in China preordered for 3300 yuan :)