Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Mine arrived today, too @Treshy ! OcUK amazes me how quickly they ship the the United States, and I would 100% recommend them to anyone asking. Now for the continued anticipation of getting this gorgeous case! :)

• Love
Reactions: Treshy

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
淘宝上的C7石墨烯版本大部分是个人卖家自行喷涂的石墨烯涂层
Most of the C7 graphene versions on Taobao are graphene coatings sprayed by individual sellers.

The bigger issue is that those black coated units might be actually the ALU ones, might even be refurbished. With original unit you also don't get the AM4 mounting.
Note the packaging

Note the base plate

Reactions: Talyrius

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Yeah, that was a disappointing result @rfarmer ... I guess the upside is black will look good with everything, but I prefer the C7 cu look to the C7G, and canceled my cu order to snag the graphene version in hopes for slightly better performance. Oh well, I suppose.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019

Even the ones that actually have graphene coating are not any better than the copper.

the c7g comes with mounting hardware for 3rd party fans though, I dont think the C7/Cu come with it... and it can look better depending on the rest of the hardware. Price is basically the same as well (59€ for a Cu, I paid 62€ for a G variant)

Reactions: Talyrius

Mope

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2019
Most of the C7 graphene versions on Taobao are graphene coatings sprayed by individual sellers.

The bigger issue is that those black coated units might be actually the ALU ones, might even be refurbished. With original unit you also don't get the AM4 mounting.
Note the packaging

Note the base plate
淘宝上有快睿的官方店铺,但是699RMB的价格约为90欧元,不过ID COOLING代工的Black Ridge非常便宜,只需要大约24欧元,不过有传言说利民(Thermalright )即将会有一款适合itx的散热器AXP -80会在今年发布,我打算等待它的到来

Reactions: SaperPL

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Hey, so the reviews of Zen2/Ryzen 3000 are up.

Though 3700X is catching up to 9900K but still not entirely there yet in games, bare in mind that 3700X is 65W while 9900K will pull like 150W stock when boosting, so take a note on this and think about how are you going to cool the 9900K and how much easier it'll get with 65W of 3700X.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Hey, so the reviews of Zen2/Ryzen 3000 are up.

Though 3700X is catching up to 9900K but still not entirely there yet in games, bare in mind that 3700X is 65W while 9900K will pull like 150W stock when boosting, so take a note on this and think about how are you going to cool the 9900K and how much easier it'll get with 65W of 3700X.

also the huge price difference...
the next months will be expensive, 350€ for 3700x, 230€ for the gigabyte itx board and ~600€ for radeon VII... I hope Ill be able to cool all that in the Sentry 2.0 :D

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Why radeon VII though? 295W TDP's going to be a tough play in Sentry as well as the fact that it's going to fit only with those low profile PEG cables if at all iirc.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Why radeon VII though? 295W TDP's going to be a tough play in Sentry as well as the fact that it's going to fit only with those low profile PEG cables if at all iirc.

Because I want an AMD GPU and I want a high end one. I dont wanna break overclocking records or anything, but I like that its so "cheap" for a 16GB HBM2 gpu that is comparable to a 2080 in performance.

If it runs too hot Ill just return it, but I dont wanna put a 5700 XT 50th anniversary in there and fantasize about how nice the build would be with a Radeon VII

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Is there a reason to get 16GB of memory right now? Are you doing some scientific workloads on the GPU or some kind of content creation with GPU acceleration?

Just curious though. Also isn't radeon VII like a ghost card that is hard to get?

Reactions: LeandroB

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Is there a reason to get 16GB of memory right now? Are you doing some scientific workloads on the GPU or some kind of content creation with GPU acceleration?

Just curious though. Also isn't radeon VII like a ghost card that is hard to get?

Mostly just for the sake of having it and for the forbidden
future proofing
. also its cheaper than the 2080 and has similar performance and double the ram so why not take it?
radeon vii are readily available at Mindfactory.de

Last edited:
Reactions: SaperPL

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
I really think i will keep my GTX 1080 for the duration of this generation and go with a 3700x for the Sentry.
Most of the games i play don't require much, the few that does, my 1080 gets the job done easily, and Raytracing would be lovely in Cyberpunk 2077 next year, but still not worth to get it in the current RTX cards. The AMD Navi vs NVidia Super didnt come soon enough.

Chimpee

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
I really think i will keep my GTX 1080 for the duration of this generation and go with a 3700x for the Sentry.
Most of the games i play don't require much, the few that does, my 1080 gets the job done easily, and Raytracing would be lovely in Cyberpunk 2077 next year, but still not worth to get it in the current RTX cards. The AMD Navi vs NVidia Super didnt come soon enough.

I am with you going for 3700X for Sentry 2.0, that total power consumption is insane while trying blow with 9700K and 9900K.

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
I am with you going for 3700X for Sentry 2.0, that total power consumption is insane while trying blow with 9700K and 9900K.

Nice table you got there, really informative.
Yeah, 90 is pretty high, but i don't think i will ever reach that, i will only game and do paper work.
The 3700X looks like a nice build for the Sentry 2.0.

Reactions: Chimpee