Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Do you think it could be possible to use the Crosshair VIII Impact in the sentry 2.0 case? its about 3cm added to the standard itx size on the bottom, it might just barely fit. the dimensions are 20.3 cm x 17 cm compared to the ITX 17x17cm. it would be the best x570 board to put into this build, but obviously only if it fits :D

if not Ill go with the aorus x570 pro wifi, which is basically the same or very close, but itx.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Do you think it could be possible to use the Crosshair VIII Impact in the sentry 2.0 case? its about 3cm added to the standard itx size on the bottom, it might just barely fit. the dimensions are 20.3 cm x 17 cm compared to the ITX 17x17cm. it would be the best x570 board to put into this build, but obviously only if it fits :D

if not Ill go with the aorus x570 pro wifi, which is basically the same or very close, but itx.

Even if it actually fits in the case you have that daughter board that looks to be about 70mm tall, no way you could use that.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Now that all the supply chain orders have been done in july (correct me if I'm wrong), do you think the delivery schedule will be met? maybe even the September delivery schedule?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Now that all the supply chain orders have been done in july (correct me if I'm wrong), do you think the delivery schedule will be met? maybe even the September delivery schedule?
Well, we are aiming for September shipments (the best case scenario) with current size of the production. We should be done with bundling accessories around the end of July as last of those will come late this month, and after that it's only QC on the chassis bodies and packaging them so we're hoping to take care of this in around a month. We'll see how it goes of course, but it's definitely not going to take as much as for December shipments - we don't want to spend so much time on it either.

December shipments were planned for expected 2000~2500 units, but it seems that realistic estimate scared a lot of people on top of the campaign currency change from promoted EUR to forced USD.

Last edited:

bluntwrapped

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019

My delivery arrived this morning :) Cryorig C7G and a NF-A9x14 to go with it. I’m excited to say fan clips are now a thing and are included with the cooler.

Would happily test and do a mini review but I’m waiting to make the jump from my 3770k to Ryzen.

For a small cooler it sure does weigh a fair bit! Quality wise the coating looks superb. Fingers crossed it lives up to the 125w TDP rating.

Octagoncow

Efficiency Noob
Mar 21, 2019
December shipments were planned for expected 2000~2500 units, but it seems that realistic estimate scared a lot of people on top of the campaign currency change from promoted EUR to forced USD.

It's a shame that people can be turned off by realistic and honest estimates. I've seen it on other crowd funding projects as well. I think people just get used to unrealistic goals and expect a delay. Even if you lost some people over the estimate I think it will benefit you over the long run to actually release the case without a massive delay.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
It's a shame that people can be turned off by realistic and honest estimates. I've seen it on other crowd funding projects as well. I think people just get used to unrealistic goals and expect a delay. Even if you lost some people over the estimate I think it will benefit you over the long run to actually release the case without a massive delay.
It might've been taken like this: most of the campaigns are late to deliver so every estimate take with grain of salt and double the wait time... some people thought if we are estimating December for deliveries then it may come mid 2020 ...

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019

My delivery arrived this morning :) Cryorig C7G and a NF-A9x14 to go with it. I’m excited to say fan clips are now a thing and are included with the cooler.

Would happily test and do a mini review but I’m waiting to make the jump from my 3770k to Ryzen.

For a small cooler it sure does weigh a fair bit! Quality wise the coating looks superb. Fingers crossed it lives up to the 125w TDP rating.

My C7G is on the way, I dont think there is a better cooler available for the Sentry 2.0 right now. I ordered quickly due to the rumors about Cryorig going out of business... Could you by any chance weigh the cooler? Im curious if its actually fully copper or if its partly aluminium.

Ill use the C7G cooler with the NF-A9x14 PWM fan that comes with the L9i though, because of the roughly 2x power capability of that fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluntwrapped

bluntwrapped

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
My C7G is on the way, I dont think there is a better cooler available for the Sentry 2.0 right now. I ordered quickly due to the rumors about Cryorig going out of business... Could you by any chance weigh the cooler? Im curious if its actually fully copper or if its partly aluminium.

Ill use the C7G cooler with the NF-A9x14 PWM fan that comes with the L9i though, because of the roughly 2x power capability of that fan.

Yep no problem man I’m just about home so I’ll do that and update. Where did you order yours from?

I didn’t realise the fan supplied with L9i is different to the A9x14 :( damn I’ll need to have a read and maybe return the one I have.

bluntwrapped

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019

Sorry scratch that. It’s beyond the weight limit of my scales - 500g. I’d take a rough guess at it weighing around 1kg.

Treshy

Average Stuffer
May 4, 2019
Sorry scratch that. It’s beyond the weight limit of my scales - 500g. I’d take a rough guess at it weighing around 1kg.

Thanks a lot, the regular C7 weighs only about 350g, whereas the C7 Cu weighs about 650g. so the C7G is definitely fully made of copper.

yes the fan supplied with the L9i is 2.5W instead of 1.3W and runs at max 2500 rpm instead of the normal 2200 rpm... its probably a bit louder but Im willing to live with that trade off.

I ordered mine from mindfactory.de for 62€ shipped.

bluntwrapped

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
Thanks a lot, the regular C7 weighs only about 350g, whereas the C7 Cu weighs about 650g. so the C7G is definitely fully made of copper.

yes the fan supplied with the L9i is 2.5W instead of 1.3W and runs at max 2500 rpm instead of the normal 2200 rpm... its probably a bit louder but Im willing to live with that trade off.

I ordered mine from mindfactory.de for 62€ shipped.

I see what you mean now. Re-reading the C7G description most of it is new marketing copy, until you reach the technical details which are only partly updated.

Technical details:
- Dimensions: 97 x 47 x 97 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: Without fan: 295 g / With fan: 357 g
- Material: nickel plated copper (bottom plate, heatpipes), aluminum (lamellas)
- Colour: Black
- Heatpipes: 4x 6 mm
- TDP: max. 125 W
- Fan: 1x 92 x 92 x 15 mm
- Connection: 4-pin PWM
- Speed: 600 to 2,500 rpm
- Volume: 30 dB (A)
- Delivery volume: max. 81 m³ / h / 47.6 CFM
- Static pressure: max. 2.8 mm H2O

I guess Cryorig forgot to update before publishing. I can’t find the C7G on the Cryorig website to see if they’ve since updated.

Photo of the side of the box, the front description reads:

“Small, quit (sic), cool, compatible, full copper made and covered in high-tech Graphene”

Thanks for the heads up re the A9x14. I was unaware there are two variations. I’ll need to have a think but I’ll maybe just use it and hope Noctua release the chromax one later is year.

Edit: Have just found the weight hidden under a sticker - 675.3g.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treshy

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
My C7G is on the way as well, and I look forward to comparing it to my Black Ridge v2. I feel like both options are as good as it gets for air cooling the Sentry depending on your Mobo layout, and seeing how delicious the 3700X is looking... I had to be prepared since BR likely wont fit any of the AM4 mobos I have in mind... particularly the X570s. I'll post comparisons once everything arrives. :)

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
I have a huge problem,
unfortunately missed my chance to get this Beautiful Case cuz work problems.
When could i have another chance ?
I really want it :C </3
Can u sell me a miss-shipping case or prototype? :c plss

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Prototypes are prototypes and are not for sale. Pre-production batch was mostly shipped to reviewers and few companies like for example asetek for testing, rest of it will be used internally.

Also we cannot take any orders outside indiegogo until we deliver cases to backers according to indiegogo terms. You will have to wait and see what we can figure out for a next batch.

I'm actually baffled how You have missed the campaign with over a month extension with InDemand making it total of over two months to place the order.
I get that some people could just find out about the case right now which is too late, but you've been here with us for some time now.

Last edited:

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
Prototypes are prototypes and are not for sale. Pre-production batch was mostly shipped to reviewers and few companies like for example asetek for testing, rest of it will be used internally.

Also we cannot take any orders outside indiegogo until we deliver cases to backers according to indiegogo terms. You will have to wait and see what we can figure out for a next batch.

I'm actually baffled how You have missed the campaign with over a month extension with InDemand making it total of over two months to place the order.
I get that some people could just find out about the case right now which is too late, but you've been here with us for some time now.

I know, but for work reasons I had to change city and I had to prioritize my money in the move :/

Reactions: LeandroB