Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Today is the DAY!!!
We wanna see the Prototype! :D!! <3

I am too excited about this case... I can not wait until the prototype photos come out. I missed out on the last Sentry, and now I have FOMO. I'm ready to throw money at Dr. Zaber

We received a prototype, but because of a very busy time at our daytime jobs we did not have time for anything else. We will make some photos and maybe some benchmarks on weekend (tomorrow evening or on Saturday).

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
We received a prototype, but because of a very busy time at our daytime jobs we did not have time for anything else. We will make some photos and maybe some benchmarks on weekend (tomorrow evening or on Saturday).
thats a good reason, take ur time :D
BUT!! save us at least ONE CASE ,i really need it :c! </3

nph84

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
What is the maximum graphic card size allowed while still being able to accommodate a 3.5" hard drive? I ask because they have an ultra mini 1080 @6.65" length and they have the 1080 ti @ 8.31". Would the 8.31" card be too long to have a 3.5" drive?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
What is the maximum graphic card size allowed while still being able to accommodate a 3.5" hard drive? I ask because they have an ultra mini 1080 @6.65" length and they have the 1080 ti @ 8.31". Would the 8.31" card be too long to have a 3.5" drive?

Who's "they"? Can you be specific on which cards are you talking about?

If you mean zotac, then well, we can't say anything for sure with their cards...

cards around 170 mm will be ok, up around 175 mm with single 3.5" drive in front of it. So something like gigabyte's 1080 Mini should fit.

We have gigabyte's 1080 mini and evga's 1060 ssc and we will be checking that fitting soon.

Reactions: LeandroB

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
We finally found time to make some photos of the revision 2.0 prototype no1. You can find image gallery here:

We still have many things to improve, so for sure there will be at least one more prototype before we will be able to check manufacturing repeatability. We will try to make some benchmarks in the middle of this week.

Nomo

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2018
We finally found time to make some photos of the revision 2.0 prototype no1. You can find image gallery here:

We still have many things to improve, so for sure there will be at least one more prototype before we will be able to check manufacturing repeatability. We will try to make some benchmarks in the middle of this week.

ITS PERFECT!!! I NEED IT PLEASE :3 jejejeje.
Ok Ok i'll be patience, it will be a great X-mas gift...

You are awesome guys, its a good case, beautiful and simple <3

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
For the record: why is corsair cooler running with silverstone fan and vice versa? Because corsair H75 rad is 25 mm by spec, but it's actually 27 mm thick, so including one of its 25 mm fans it's 2 mm over 50 mm of height we have reserved for the AIO package.

That's a bummer, I hoped this would be a go-to AIO package with fan included for Sentry 2.0 as the asetek mounting system gives you 30 degree step in rotation, so you can figure out your hose routing easier.

Now we have to figure out a go-to ~23 mm thick fan for each 27 mm AIO radiator out there or look for a ~25 mm radiator with 25 mm fan AIO.

volopasse

Efficiency Noob
Apr 2, 2018
Looks fantastic! I'd be interested to see air only (i.e. without the AIO) configs benchmarked in v.1 and v.2 side by side, so see the impact of denser vent holes on temps

Separately, what are the new max dimensions for GPUs, both with and without AIO? It must be somewhere in the thread but I can't find it

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Looks fantastic! I'd be interested to see air only (i.e. without the AIO) configs benchmarked in v.1 and v.2 side by side, so see the impact of denser vent holes on temps

Separately, what are the new max dimensions for GPUs, both with and without AIO? It must be somewhere in the thread but I can't find it

The only difference in the space for GPU is is added 2 mm to GPU chamber (by moving central wall towards motherboard side, the case will not grow in width) to support this 1080 Mini from Gigabyte (and hopefully few other over) and we hope this type of card won't get even bigger with next gen of nvidia GPUs.

As for the length with AIO - ~170 mm. We still need to 'waste' some space in front of the AIO because we want it's mounting holes to be inside the vent and we don't want to make the vent entirely front to back of the case because it wouldn't look good. You also need some space to fit a PEG power cable for the card between the card and the radiator.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
If the design isn't final, why not add the space for an out-of-box AIO? Volume constraint, or a tooling one? Just curious :)

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
If the design isn't final, why not add the space for an out-of-box AIO? Volume constraint, or a tooling one? Just curious :)

We'd have to move up the 'center rail' that is holding 2.5" drives and riser's pci-e slot by 2 or even 3 mm to do this, and that would harm the 2.5" hdd height compatibility as well as the spacing for the vents at the back of the case etc. We also don't want the case to be taller. That's definitely not going to happen.

The other approach would be cutting out the part of the rail that is obstructing the mounting of the fan on AIO, but we'd have to figure out some magic way to reinforce this while still having the space to mount the second 2.5" drive when you're not using an AIO.

Finally it might be possible to do this part in a way that the surface holding the riser is still in the same place, but it bends upwards after the riser mounting point so the height of the supported drive in the front is lower - you could install the ssd in the front and thicker drive above the riser. The problem here is that it would either be stamped bend, which gets really expensive or we would need to make it from multiple pieces and that's what we're trying to escape from to simplify construction for cost effectiveness and less space for manufacturing errors.

I'd like to have compatibility for 27+25 mm AIO sets (that would give us support for ~25 more AIO sets out of the box), but at the same time I'm not keen on throwing out option to have two 2.5" *HDD* drives.

We'll look into it, but we can't promise anything on that.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
We'd have to move up the 'center rail' that is holding 2.5" drives and riser's pci-e slot by 2 or even 3 mm to do this, and that would harm the 2.5" hdd height compatibility as well as the spacing for the vents at the back of the case etc. We also don't want the case to be taller. That's definitely not going to happen.

The other approach would be cutting out the part of the rail that is obstructing the mounting of the fan on AIO, but we'd have to figure out some magic way to reinforce this while still having the space to mount the second 2.5" drive when you're not using an AIO.

Finally it might be possible to do this part in a way that the surface holding the riser is still in the same place, but it bends upwards after the riser mounting point so the height of the supported drive in the front is lower - you could install the ssd in the front and thicker drive above the riser. The problem here is that it would either be stamped bend, which gets really expensive or we would need to make it from multiple pieces and that's what we're trying to escape from to simplify construction for cost effectiveness and less space for manufacturing errors.

I'd like to have compatibility for 27+25 mm AIO sets (that would give us support for ~25 more AIO sets out of the box), but at the same time I'm not keen on throwing out option to have two 2.5" *HDD* drives.

We'll look into it, but we can't promise anything on that.

one problem i have been noticing with the aio, is that it gets a little choked, is there any chance we could see holes on both sides for one?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
one problem i have been noticing with the aio, is that it gets a little choked, is there any chance we could see holes on both sides for one?

The idea for this layout is for AIO to help venting the GPU chamber and back of the GPU. There's enough of space above the AIO to be able to get air.

We are not going to perforate the cover above the GPU or AIO.

Last edited:

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
The idea for this layout is for AIO to help venting the GPU chamber and back of the GPU. There's enough of space above the AIO to be able to get air.

We are not going to perforate the cover above the GPU or AIO.
in that case, do you recommend having the aiofan intake or exhast through the aio?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
in that case, do you recommend having the aiofan intake or exhast through the aio?

I would rather go for AIO pulling the air from the outside through the radiator because this way it's directing the airflow in the same way as the GPU. Otherwise it may cause the recycling of hot air, especially in horizontal position where it would push the hot air down below the case vent right in front of the GPU fan. It may of course differ greatly in vertical position.

It also may depend on the fan type.

Reactions: NuclearLemons

repdetect2

Efficiency Noob
Jul 30, 2018
I apologize in advance if I'm speaking out of turn here, brand new to the forum, but I had a few questions:

• What's the best way to ensure I obtain one of these--I literally just discovered this yesterday and don't want to miss out.
  • Could this support a Ryzen 7 build?--Looking to retire my old Antec P180 case and go with something small and portable
  • How difficult of a build is this?--I've built a few tower systems, but nothing this small.
Thanks in advance and again, my apologies if I should have asked these elsewhere.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I apologize in advance if I'm speaking out of turn here, brand new to the forum, but I had a few questions:

• What's the best way to ensure I obtain one of these--I literally just discovered this yesterday and don't want to miss out.
  • Could this support a Ryzen 7 build?--Looking to retire my old Antec P180 case and go with something small and portable
  • How difficult of a build is this?--I've built a few tower systems, but nothing this small.
Thanks in advance and again, my apologies if I should have asked these elsewhere.
1) Stay tuned on the forums or subscribe to our newsletter on our website.

2) I'm running Ryzen 7 1700 in my case, you 'just' need an ITX AM4 motherboard, SFX power supply and 2.5" hdd if you need one at all as well as low profile cooler etc.

3) If you want to go with AIO water cooling then it'll be tricky to handle cable management but we should get to a point where we'll show off good ways to route the cables and hoses. 3.5" HDD instead of AIO is also something tricky to handle, especially with non-modular PSU, because of the amount of cables in front of the PSU. Other configs should be pretty straightforward when following instructions we want to provide.

repdetect2

Efficiency Noob
Jul 30, 2018
1) Stay tuned on the forums or subscribe to our newsletter on our website.

2) I'm running Ryzen 7 1700 in my case, you 'just' need an ITX AM4 motherboard, SFX power supply and 2.5" hdd if you need one at all as well as low profile cooler etc.

3) If you want to go with AIO water cooling then it'll be tricky to handle cable management but we should get to a point where we'll show off good ways to route the cables and hoses. 3.5" HDD instead of AIO is also something tricky to handle, especially with non-modular PSU, because of the amount of cables in front of the PSU. Other configs should be pretty straightforward when following instructions we want to provide.

Awesome, thank you. Would you mind sharing the motherboard, power supply, and cooler you used please?