Sellers regret

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Don’t know if this is the right place for although I would assume it is since it’s general
Anyone ever get sellers regret for getting rid of hardware even if you know you’re in a pinch that you have to?
I’d love to hear everyone’s opinions on this I always tend to get myself in a shitty bind cause I overspend on some of my builds >.<

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Here is my experience.
I had a 450w G-Unique combo but wasn't happy with having a brick. So I sold it, and looked into PSUs smaller than SFX that I could use instead. I settled on a meanwell PSU, but it is 12v only and I needed a pico psu to generate the minor rails on the 24 pin - a pico psu like the G-Unique I sold!

I tried to order a new archdeamon G-unique without the brick, which was frustrating and ultimately he refused to make me one without a brick/PSU. So I bought an older G-unique from a kind user who generously sold it to me without the brick. I cut the DC-jack off and wired it to my meanwell PSU.

Had I never sold my G-Unique kit I would've saved myself weeks of time and some frustration :)

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Here is my experience.
I had a 450w G-Unique combo but wasn't happy with having a brick. So I sold it, and looked into PSUs smaller than SFX that I could use instead. I settled on a meanwell PSU, but it is 12v only and I needed a pico psu to generate the minor rails on the 24 pin - a pico psu like the G-Unique I sold!

I tried to order a new archdeamon G-unique without the brick, which was frustrating and ultimately he refused to make me one without a brick/PSU. So I bought an older G-unique from a kind user who generously sold it to me without the brick. I cut the DC-jack off and wired it to my meanwell PSU.

Had I never sold my G-Unique kit I would've saved myself weeks of time and some frustration :)

Love the response. See I’ve done similar in situations where trying to go smaller too. Just to find out it’s going to cost me way more the route I go. I’ve had buyers remorse as well unfortunately. Things not fitting my needs just to have to sell drastically less it’s def frustrating especially when I thought my research was correct

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Since I have a smol "office"/workshop and I hoard computer hardware, I've gotten used to putting stuff in weird places: there's a 1U server under my bed (not running) along with a Dell OEM machine. In my closet I have some random motherboards and components in random boxes, and then there's the 4U unit hidden next to a couch. I also have an IBM Aptiva case that I use as a stool when working at a table, and that has random drives mounted.

The hardware I most regret selling would be my Raspberry Pi. I wish I had that thing right now.

TL;DR: Find creative ways to hoard and you'll be fine.

Reactions: W1NN1NG

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I sold my X99 board and in the end got hosed on the eBay transaction. The package was lost in the mail or stolen and it was my responsibility to issue a full refund to the buyer.

Reactions: el01 and NateDawg72

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
My Filco Majestouch Convertible 2. Best keyboard for my needs at the time and I still regret selling it.

I sold my X99 board and in the end got hosed on the eBay transaction. The package was lost in the mail or stolen and it was my responsibility to issue a full refund to the buyer.

I’ve had a few nightmares on eBay:

1-1080 strix- unauthorized purchase
(Covered by PayPal)

2- 6700k- suspicious account activity
(Canceled by eBay after I shipped but I got to keep the money)

3- Samsung 4tb 850 Evo- claimed lost in mail even though it needed a confirmed signature

( resolved by usps as actual misdelivery to a neighbor. This was terrifying and I stayed calm and friendly thinking he was a scammer but usps came thru. They sent postal inspectors and everything else into getting it back and to the buyer.... probably that $1k plus insurance had something to do with it)

I’ve come close but never been bitten on eBay. I used to count on that cash for my hobby but not anymore. Now I buy my own stuff first. Then I’ll try to sell local at way cheaper rates. If that fails I put it on eBay and consider it donated. When the transaction comes out successful, I celebrate lol.

Reactions: Solo and Damascus

Andrew.J.Vigil

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2017
Here is my experience.

Omg SAME SAME SAME

Reactions: NateDawg72

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
I did... @NateDawg72 I had the ArchDaemon Special Edition with an Infinity Brick... It was literally the last power supply I would ever need for any of my projects... Then I sold and now realize I would have saved so much trouble if I kept it...
I had ArchDaemon 2017 christmas edition :) I remember it was #9. I wasn't a fan of the color actually but it worked well. After I sold it I tried a PicoPSU 160XT and it just isn't designed well, had problems with booting my motherboard. The used archdaemon standard I ended up getting works fine, but I've cut up the cables a bit since it wasn't wired like I wanted

Reactions: Andrew.J.Vigil