News Scythe SHURIKEN 2 / SCSK-2000

Scythe showed up a new heatsink. Too bad it is 58mm in height.

Last edited:

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
True that gravity has a minimal effect on most heat-pipe based coolers, but its primarily due to short length of the heat pipes. In larger systems with longer and large diameter pipes, gravity plays a larger role and in fact you can see as much as a 30% reduction in performance when operating them opposing gravity. Source: I collaborated in a design to cool large industrial electronics with a heatpipe based system.
So you would say that a Noctua C14S with the heatpipes upward would have a minimal effect on cooling capacity? This orientation may be needed for my x570i Aorus on a NCASE M1.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
And it is in. Nearly crapped myself after the thermal paste got a little on the CPU pins while removing the old paste but it works fine. (Never done a heatsink swap before.)

Are you UK based? Could you share a link where you got this cooler? All the usual suspects (Scan, OcUK, CCL etc... don't have this one in stock yet)

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Are you UK based? Could you share a link where you got this cooler? All the usual suspects (Scan, OcUK, CCL etc... don't have this one in stock yet)

Yeah I am. You can buy it on Amazon Japan. You will need to make a new account however. It cost me about £45 including postage and taxes. They use DHL as the courier. I had mine sent to my local WHSmiths. It was about 6 to 7 days total.