The Scythe Big Shuriken 3. Big performance at a small price.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Huge thanks to Scythe for sending us a review sample of their new Big Shuriken 3 heatsink. Please let us know your thoughts below!

Scythe, the heavy hitting underdog of the HSF world, has once again hit us with another surprise entry into the SFF market with their Big Shuriken 3. At just 70mm tall, it will be interesting to see how this cooler compares to the competition.
Read the review here.

rfarmer

SFF Guru
Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2017
Nice review, wish the BS3 was just a bit shorter. What are you thoughts on noise levels between the Scythe and Noctua fans.

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
Curious to see how the noise is with the kaze 15mm vs the noctua 25mm, but so far this cooler seems beastly

Quango

Chassis Packer
Apr 6, 2019
I wonder if they fit under the expansion cover of the inter-tech M-ITX cases (with the HDD mountings removed):

(scroll down)

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Editorial Staff
Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
To really test the fan noise, I will need to test these outside my wife's computer.
Those 2x Corsair PWM fans are loud AF and ruin the ability to collect accurate fluctuations in dB.

Maybe I can acquire a USB to Molex cable to connect to my old Lamptron FC5 V2 so I can test the dB levels at various RPM rates... 🤔

Thehack

Shrink Way Wielder
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If you have a quiet room, you can test the fan just by itself (or on the heatsink) and measure it that way.

You don't have to worry about running it inside the computer or anything.

KepKe

Caliper Novice
Mar 20, 2017
How did you get a 120mm fan under the NH-L12? I thought RAM and I/O limit the under side to 92mm.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Curious to see how the bs3 fits on a am4 motherboard to see where it sits if we'll have issues with x570 itx boards