Cooling Scythe jitte plus (39mm top flow dual fan)

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
ooooh am4 support, can't wait for this to be available stateside. Hopefully it can be a good replacement for nh l9a, I'm thermally limited at 3.7ghz.

Reactions: BernardoZ

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Btw, there is a version of this cpu cooler on Taobao that is graphene coated. Here is the link.

They claim to give 30% better temps, but I really doubt it lol. Maybe some small improvement over the stock unit.
Anyway, seems very interesting, chinese market is just crazy XD

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Single fan is on par with the C7 if you don't mind noise. The LP53 didnt perform well from what ive seen unfortunately. Sorry for the delays just been caught up with stuff. I bought a new CPU (4690k) to do the testing with so I'm going to run it again in the next few weeks.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
I'm wondering if this graphene coating is safe to handle. I'd have to imagine if it made a noticeable difference we would see it more often.

Reactions: BernardoZ

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I'm wondering if this graphene coating is safe to handle. I'd have to imagine if it made a noticeable difference we would see it more often.

From what I read online, this is a very new application and just started being used in the last 2-3 years in a few specific applications. Alot of academic articles were written last fall from MIT and other schools, so I think we will see it alot in the coming years. Several specifically mentioned that it would be great as a TIM for processors. I'm skeptical that it will make a noticeable difference when used as a coating on a radiator however.

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
They claim to give 30% better temps, but I really doubt it lol.
Not sure my math is correct
If CPU is 90°C with uncoated heatsink, then 30% better temps should be 70°C (9000/130)
10°C better temps (65°C vs 75°C) is 15% better (7500/65)

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Looks like it's too tight underneath to use a noctua 92mm. :(

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Jan 23, 2017
Not sure my math is correct
If CPU is 90°C with uncoated heatsink, then 30% better temps should be 70°C (9000/130)
10°C better temps (65°C vs 75°C) is 15% better (7500/65)
I don't think this is an accurate way of calculating temperature improvements; you get different results if you do this in Kelvin or Fahrenheit.

Reactions: AleksandarK

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Guys, I wasn't saying 10 degree = 30% improvement. I just said that the seller claims 10 degree improvement on some links, and 30% on others.

Anyway, I think both are exaggerated, 3-5 degree celsius improvement might be more realistic, based on this post.
If legit, it seems decent to me afterall, despite the marketing bs lol.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Wow, I missed this! Another reasonable alternative to the NH-L9a in the sub 40mm category for Ryzen CPUs. I have a Scythe Kozuti for 115x CPUs, so this would probably perform similarly with one fan? Now if only I can find a store that sells them...

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Just wanting to make sure, the l9i/a will be tested against this, right @IntoxicatedPuma ?
This would fit in just the right way into my customod 3.24L but I'd like to see how it compares to my current l9i before I go cutting holes in side panels.

jaruri

Caliper Novice
Feb 15, 2018
So how is the x% better calculated?

I think it would be more accurate to measure heat dissipated. For instance, if you are generating 100w of heat on your CPU, and the cooler is reaching 60 deg C. Can compare that to something that reaches 60 deg C but is dissipating 120w of heat from the CPU.

Even that isn't a great comparison imo, but should be good enough for most people.

Reactions: theGryphon

Tjo2012

Trash Compacter
Feb 6, 2018
Im wondering if anyone ever checked the titan heatsink with the 10mm height fan.

Im curious because i too would be ineterested in a silent(ish) server cooler for a s4m

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
That fan has a height of 15mm, which makes it too tall for the jitte. The jitte uses a 80x10mm fan on the bottom.
Well, it can be used for the top position then. I want to like this cooler, but those 80mm fans don't appear to cut it against the competition.