SFF.Network Sapphire to launch Pulse RX 560 LITE GPU

Recently, there was some kerfuffle in the tech news regarding a "weaksauce" variant of the RX 560 - with the typical 1024 SP model pared down to a mere 896. Whilst this was originally for the Chinese Gaming Cafe market, it seems that this "lite" chip will indeed make it to the western market.

Sapphire is launching the "Pulse Radeon RX 560 LITE", a 1300mhz factory overclocked card with 2 and 4GB VRAM variants. The cooler on these cards is a little beefed up versus the current "Pulse" cooler - with twin fans instead of a single unit. The card itself draws power from a single PCIe 6 pin connector.

Read more here.

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
I'll welcome the new variant for the price. Hopefully the ROI is higher than other cards with it being cut down so miners wont be trying to buy them up and it will stay at the $100 USD msrp.

Reactions: owliwar

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I wish this (or that new 550) had different I/O. I get that they want to be more compatible keeping the DV-I, but it seems like 4+ DisplayPort/HDMI is the standard now. And with a lot of workstation cards having Mini HDMI and Mini DisplayPort, it seems like they really could have squeezed another connector in there.

Then again, I guess they'd be cutting into workstation cards at that point...

Reactions: owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I actually like this
It's cheaper so there's that
Also it looks quite pretty