S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

ThatRacingGuy

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2017
Can anyone please link the solution to how to grind the power jack to fit the Gigabyte 1070 please? I think it was done by Lock?
Josh quickly mentions it in his video but I wonder if there's a written and more detailed guide
Thanks

Reactions: Biowarejak

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, seems that doesn't work very well. I put some athletes tape over the bezel to keep it from sliding/moving while I was getting parts/making adjustments and it left this dull stain I can't seem to get off. Not very noticeable and honestly no big deal, but still bothersome when you're a perfectionist.

You could try with oil. Its counterintuitive, but sticky glue from stickers goes away with a drop of oil on a piece of fabric and cleaning with that.
On the other hand, i would try not to keep the matte bezel oilfree but dump it in oil, that way you wouldnd have the problem of fingerprints on the matte bezel (im serious here ;) )

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Hmmmm I would have suggested MF and soapy water too, but maybe its just not enough to get the residue off. You could refinish the bezel, but you need an orbital sander and 800 grit paper to get the right finish. I'm happy to refinish it for you for free, but you would need to arrange shipping.

Best of luck!

Appreciate the offer! I actually really wanted one of your new 3D bezels but couldn't afford the full price for one.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Of course why not? If you don't use fans behind the gpu it can fit 2 2.5" drives. Check out josh's videos. And plenty others.
Edit: just checked it out. So it comes with sas to m2 cable, you connect it to mobo's m2 slot right? Well I don't see what's stopping you.

Last edited:

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
Of course why not? If you don't use fans behind the gpu it can fit 2 2.5" drives. Check out josh's videos. And plenty others.
Edit: just checked it out. So it comes with sas to m2 cable, you connect it to mobo's m2 slot right? Well I don't see what's stopping you.
intel 750 2.5" is thicker than standard 2.5" drives.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
So, after finally jumping on a Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB SSD ($339 at MicroCenter btw), I was able to install a slim Scythe fan behind my Zotac GTX 1080 GPU, and replaced my big slim 120 MM fan providing primary cooling for the heatsink. So so far here are my mods:
  • Slim 120mm Scythe fan behind the GPU
  • 2 x 92x14mm Noctua fans controlled with PWM adapter for primary heatsink cooling
  • Arctic 0.5mm thick thermal pad contact between heatsink and aluminum front bezel
With the addition of the slim Scythe fan, and thermal pad mod, I have seen my temps drop from 87 degrees celcius on full load to 78 degrees celcius (22 celcius ambient). This is with my S4 Mini in a horizontal position, on some feet I made with the GPU facing the table. The case itself is propped up about 2.5 CM.

Considering the form-factor of the card and case, and the horizontal position, I am pretty happy with these results. I was honestly expecting a bit more, and maybe a custom fan curve can help with that. May try playing with afterburner later.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Nice work, did you have to remove the GPU backplate to fit the slim 120mm? I tried this briefly, but the fan was touching the backplate.
Yeah, there is pretty much no clearance. I did not remove the backplate, although that might honestly improve performance because I doubt Zotac actually used any thermal pads between the backplate and the GPU. Between the zipties for the front fans, and the slim 120 mm fan on the back, it is a very tight fit.