Cooling Ryzen 5600X @ NH-9US in Ncase M1

Matsuflex

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Apr 3, 2021
Hello there,

i‘m new into this and i am planning to upgrade my First SFF build.

I want to upgrade the CPU. Can the Noctua NH-9US (2x Redux B9) handle the Ryzen 5600X in the Ncase M1? My cooling setup will be 2 Noctua Redux NF-S12B on the bottom as exhaust. The cpu cooler will work as intake from the rear.
There are no other options for case fans cause of the tempered glass side panel.

Greetings from germany,
Matsu

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The 5600X stays very close to TDP even when boosting, so the U9S should be fine. I also swapped the fan to a Redux B9 fan on mine :D

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I ran my 5600X with a Noctua L9A. It ran perfectly fine with that, and gave me full performance. I upgraded to the L12 Ghost Edition when I got a Ghost S1 case. Again, no issues. You'll be fine.

I do have a suggestion if it's not too late, consider the Thermalright Silver Arrow 130. I've used a number of air cooling solutions in the Ncase M1s. This has been the best while offering full support for the HDD slots.

If you are going class side panel for the Ncase M1, make sure you have the bottom fans installed. I also would consider a blower style GPU. Running the top as exhaust will be fine as it will draw air from the top of the case, while also exhausting hot air from the GPU.

Reactions: Phuncz