Cooling Best Air Cooling build in M1 Ncase v6?

Qetz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Hi, Im new. I saw a few videos and builds and I have some idea and doubts I would like to check.

CPU: Noctua NH-U9S with 2x NF-A9 (intake)
Bottom close to the GPU (with accelero): 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 (exhaust)

I read about another builds with the bottom fans in "intake" too, or with another NF-A12x25 in some part,I want to know what do you think about this.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The NH-C14S is better. Or a high quality 240 Radiator. But you might have higher idle noise due to pump. Pump noise varies wildly; I have a cute 120 rad that has no pump noise.

If you can fit in a Dark Rock TF, it's the best on the market, but socket placement and clearing the motherboard parts means not all socket fits it.

Reactions: Qetz

Qetz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Thanks!

I dont care to much for the noise, and I would love a AIO, but I want a window and it seems there is not good builds for AIO with Window right?

The socket will be AM4 and the motherboard the B450i Gaming AC Plus. I think the new ones Dark Rock TF comes with AM4 kit, if not, I can buy one for 10$ more, and my ram are the Corsair Vengeance LPX, they are supposed to be low profile.
But with the Dark Rock TF or the NH-C14S, how are the rest of the fans? x2 in the bottom (still exhaust?), and one in te rear (intake?).

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thanks!

I dont care to much for the noise, and I would love a AIO, but I want a window and it seems there is not good builds for AIO with Window right?

The socket will be AM4 and the motherboard the B450i Gaming AC Plus. I think the new ones Dark Rock TF comes with AM4 kit, if not, I can buy one for 10$ more, and my ram are the Corsair Vengeance LPX, they are supposed to be low profile.
But with the Dark Rock TF or the NH-C14S, how are the rest of the fans? x2 in the bottom (still exhaust?), and one in te rear (intake?).

Intake with stock gpu. Exhaust with aftermarket or if you remove the stock gpu fans.

You either pick glass or good noise/thermal performance. You lose a whole panel of intake ventilation if you pick glass. If you go with glass mod then you cannot go with an AIO.

Dark rock tf has more issues with socket placement or hitting motherboard heatsinks. I can't say for sure if it fits but search to see if others have been successful with that motherboard. That motherboard has small heatsinks so the only issue is socket placement.

C14s is the safer bet and can fit in more motherboard locations.

Reactions: Qetz

Qetz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Awesome! Thanks!

I know the glass its not the best performance option, its my whim hehe.

So 2x Fans in bottom as exhaust + NH-C14S (with x2 fan right?, they are pushing air against the motherboard or out?) + another fan in the rear as intake? nothing more?

Last edited: