GPU Retail GPU's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
[MOD WARNING: The information in this thread should be considered before considering using the below site. Please read all the comments]

So I came across this site today:

https://www.bit-performance.com/product-category/crypto-mining/video-cards/nvidia/

Thought I would share. I don't know anything about the site or that. Just that they appear to have stock of some GPU's that are pretty close to retail. They only accept bitcoin though. So whether they are legit or not remains to be seen. I'm putting this out there to see if anyone has used them and can vouch for them? I'm not jumping through any hoops to get some bitcoins in order to place an order with them, unless I know they are legit.

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

bradthekiller

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2018
Hey, I bought from them about 1 month ago. I bought 2 1080 ti and I received them in about 2 weeks but I received them. They are on the market for about 4 years. I thought something was funny in the beginning too but looks like I have my Cards now. Hope this helps!

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
Hey, I bought from them about 1 month ago. I bought 2 1080 ti and I received them in about 2 weeks but I received them. They are on the market for about 4 years. I thought something was funny in the beginning too but looks like I have my Cards now. Hope this helps!

Thanks. That's helpful, but now I'm worried about getting bitcoins order to purchase a card. I don't mine, never had, don't really want to. Too bad they only take bitcoin, I'd love to upgrade my 1050ti. How did you do it, if you don't mind my asking? Or do you mine bitcoins so you had some already?

bradthekiller

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2018
I had the bitcoins from a friend that already mined them. If you want to buy bitcoins fast and easy you can use localbitcoins and look for someone local that sell them for cash or bank account transfer. Also, you can find some bitcoin traders on bit-performance website where you found the cards.

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
No offense Brad, but it looks like you just joined the forum today, and have only replied to this thread. I'm not sure I'm 100% trusting your word. Anyone else with some history on the site (this site) that can vouch for the other? I'm leaning on this being a scam right now.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Quick gamers, buy up all of the miners' GPUs!

bradthekiller

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2018
It is your decision if you trust me or not, but I am only trying to help. I wish you good luck in finding what you are looking for. I know what I received from them and they have slow, but good services. Also, if you look online, there are many stores that accept bitcoin like Microsoft for Xbox content and Windows store, Newegg, even MIT book store accepts bitcoin. This is the future and looks like these guys are part of it. Good luck!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
No offense Brad, but it looks like you just joined the forum today, and have only replied to this thread. I'm not sure I'm 100% trusting your word. Anyone else with some history on the site (this site) that can vouch for the other? I'm leaning on this being a scam right now.
No offense here too. But this new member just joined only 11 minutes after the first post. Well, granted that anyone can be a 24/7 lurker in this site but 11 minutes is just too short a time to count as coincidence. I think the scam worry is not about using Bitcoins to buy something but about buying from that site specifically.
Maybe, bradthekiller can offer a little peace of mind by telling this forum what other computer forums (Tom's, OCN, Techpowerup...etc) you have been participating for a longer period of time?

bradthekiller

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2018
Dude, I just searched "buy gpu with bitcoin" on google. I don't have a problem with you not trusting me, also, I have nothing to gain if you buy from that website or not. This posting is not about me. I trust bitcoin, I buy everything with bitcoin, my games, my computer parts, even my pizza. I don't see anything to worry about when you see a website selling with bitcoin. Most of the websites that will sell you anything at a decent price have bitcoin payments incorporated. That is all, I was trying to help. If you want to understand that, that is fine, if you don't, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't know why people are against crypto. I don't mine any crypto, but I know it is a bit part of the market with over 400 billion market cap. It is legal almost everywhere, even PayPal and eBay want to get bitcoin incorporated. Amazon has 3rd party sellers that sell amazon gift card codes with bitcoin so you can buy practically from amazon with bitcoin. Also, the banks have their own crypto. You can look it up. Have a nice day!

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
And it's not about trusting bitcoin. It's about trusting people that are selling bitcoins for cash, which is what I would have to do. I just find it pretty amazing that as I typed up a pretty obscure site that only accepts bitcoins for near MSRP on what amounts to 2x or 3x price gouging by just about every retailer on this site, that you appeared and magically have bought 2 cards from them and tout their trustworthiness and how awesome bitcoins are.

I don't question bitcoin as a form of currency. I don't trust people. That's why I was hoping someone with some more history and trust built up here would chime in. I appreciate your comments and all, but even if you are legit or aren't, you have to admit it's a pretty big coincidence.

bradthekiller

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2018
Yes it is. The good part in buying bitcoin with cash is that the person you buy it from will send you the bitcoin on your phone after you hand them the cash. It is easy and instant. You will see in like 20-30 secconds the bitcoin in your wallet on your phone. You just need to install any bitcoin wallet app on your phone. You don't need to trust anyone. You just need to see it in person. I really hope you can find the card you are looking for!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
As is often the case with fluctating markets, there are people out to scam others, making it a quick buck. I'm not accusing anyone at this point, but the moderators and staff are vigilant in this regard. But in the end people should be very cautious of "golden opportunities", especially when a site is offering products that are in short supply and big demand at prices much lower than the current.

At the moment, your best bet of finding a GPU at MSRP is with smaller outlets not aware of the current trend or shops willing to sell at MSRP for bundled deals. But a Bitcoin-accepting web store should be more aware than most about the current market situation, along with many recent products "on sale" below market price does trigger more than one red flag with me. The lack of any company information and that it's address is registered by namecheap.com (no further information available) and owned by "WhoisGuard Protected" from Panama, registered on 2018-01-23 (3 weeks ago) does not help the cause.

https://www.whois.net/
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=bit-performance.com

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
As is often the case with fluctating markets, there are people out to scam others, making it a quick buck. I'm not accusing anyone at this point, but the moderators and staff are vigilant in this regard. But in the end people should be very cautious of "golden opportunities", especially when a site is offering products that are in short supply and big demand at prices much lower than the current.

At the moment, your best bet of finding a GPU at MSRP is with smaller outlets not aware of the current trend or shops willing to sell at MSRP for bundled deals. But a Bitcoin-accepting web store should be more aware than most about the current market situation, along with many recent products "on sale" below market price does trigger more than one red flag with me. The lack of any company information and that it's address is registered by namecheap.com (no further information available) and owned by "WhoisGuard Protected" from Panama, registered on 2018-01-23 (3 weeks ago) does not help the cause.

https://www.whois.net/
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/whois/results.aspx?domain=bit-performance.com
That sort of gives few good reasons to remove thread for the sake of safety. Someone might really not read thread from start to end.

Reactions: owliwar

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
That sort of gives few good reasons to remove thread for the sake of safety. Someone might really not read thread from start to end.

I agree. I've had enough information and what Phuncz said is the icing. I'm not buying and hopefully no one else will. I'll stick to Craigs and hope to find a fellow gamer willing to not rip someone off with the high price of GPU's. If the thread is locked and deleted, I'm OK with it.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
On the contrary, having this thread around (but locked up) could serve as a teaching example of not trusting a shady online store.
Maybe the top post can be edited with a big warning sign [Warn] to increase the alert factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.