Motherboard RENOIR (AMD 4000G) capable THIN MINI ITX motherboard (looking for help with BIOS modding)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I found a Chinese mini PC which is running RYZEN 4000G APUs on the VIEWNOTE / JUBO A300 THIN MINI ITX Motherboard.

Similar like the DeskMini A300 they have modded the BIOS to support Renoir APUs. Now the only issue is that ViewNote does not sell their boards with that BIOS.

If we find a way how to extract that modded BIOS from the mini PC, we would be able to flash that to any JUBO A300 motherboard and having a Renoir capable Thin Mini ITX board for our projects!

Any idea how to dump and flash BIOSes? For starters I have used "Universal Bios Backup Toolkit" and got a 16MB rom file... now can I just flash that with AFU to another Jubo A300 board?

JUBO A300 Board:

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I've succeeded to dump the BIOS but wasn't able to flash it to the other board. Also don't want to risk bricking it...

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Jubo told me it's not possible to flash the BIOS "DIY" but they offer a flashing service. In order to get a BIOS update you'll have to send them the board and they will flash it for you.

Also, they now sell this board with official Renoir support:

FishTorres

Case Bender
New User
Jul 2, 2021
and IPANSON 迁跃者M is the same mb

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
and IPANSON 迁跃者M is the same mb

Indeed it is. They were the first who used that board with Renoir for their mini PC. Nice little machine.

zhaotwins

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 21, 2022
I've succeeded to dump the BIOS but wasn't able to flash it to the other board. Also don't want to risk bricking it...
hi, could you please send me the bios file you had dumped out? [MOD EDIT: REMOVED EMAIL ADDRESS]

Last edited by a moderator: