Power Supply Recommend Quiet Flex PSU in 2024

FiatDemise

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 30, 2024
I searched this topic here and found threads that were several years old. What quiet flex psu would you recommend in 2024? I am unhappy with my Guru FSP Mini ITX Solution Flex ATX 300W psu. At load and at idle, it has a whine I want to get rid of. My killawatt meter shows my pc draws 130 watts at load, so my power needs are modest. I'm using integrated graphics on a Ryzen 9 7900 currently, maybe someday I'll get a RTX 3050 6GB low profile card. I'd prefer semi or fully modular.

FiatDemise

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 30, 2024
First time looking at Overtek site. Tempted to just get the Enhance ENP-7520B 200W with fan upgrade for only $65! Not sure what wattage I need. This pc will be running at load most of the time if that matters.

FiatDemise

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 30, 2024
Know of any other vendors that sell the 200W PSU with fan upgrade? Overtek is out of stock.

Also considering the upcoming 450W, looks really good. Overkill for me currently, but would allow for basically any future upgrade.

FiatDemise

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 30, 2024
So, I wound up getting the Enhance 450W modular flex PSU from Overtek. Really wanted to like it, but still too loud. I then got the HDPLEX 250W, and that's been fantastic, absolutely silent. I had doubts about a passively cooled psu, but have been stress testing mining crypto 24/7 for weeks, and it's held up like a champ.

Need to figure out how to properly mount it where a flex-atx psu would go though. It's currently just laying on the bottom of the case. And I need some kind of flex-atx bracket for the power thing to fit into, so I don't just have the wires coming out.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
So, I wound up getting the Enhance 450W modular flex PSU from Overtek. Really wanted to like it, but still too loud. I then got the HDPLEX 250W, and that's been fantastic, absolutely silent. I had doubts about a passively cooled psu, but have been stress testing mining crypto 24/7 for weeks, and it's held up like a champ.

Need to figure out how to properly mount it where a flex-atx psu would go though. It's currently just laying on the bottom of the case. And I need some kind of flex-atx bracket for the power thing to fit into, so I don't just have the wires coming out.
What you could do is .. just go with magnetic tape. I did that for something else, ie. mounting a USB C + USB A extender outside of my Meshlicious media server, but it works very well if its more than just like a 1 - 2 cm strip (at least 5 - 6 cm, else its next to useless).

Other options may include something like ... the following video, where the builder (who lurks around these premises, too) repurposed parts of the case to mount the PSU to:

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: FiatDemise

FiatDemise

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 30, 2024
That video is amazing, and gave me an idea. If I orient the PSU on its side, then I'd have room to do this (see pic). Would love to get a metal plate with 4 holes drilled in regular flex screw spots. And a hole for plug and side screw holes to secure plug.

Last edited:

FiatDemise

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Mar 30, 2024
On the HDPlex site, under Accessories, they have brackets I'm looking for, but only for SFX and ATX sizes. I emailed them if they sold one for flex atx too, with plug opening in the center. They said no, but they did send me a 3D drawing as a .STEP file. I installed FreeCAD to open the file and took this screenshot (see pic). I'd like to pay someone to make this for me. Anyone know of a company that offers that service? Or if someone here has the right material and tools to make this, that would work too.