Enclosure Realan K3

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Found this case on Newegg a few weeks ago, almost had the look of some of the Akasa fanless cases, looked at the Realan webpage and figured what the heck ~3.5L. One thin I missed on the S4 and Lone cases was front USB which I seem to constantly use. Anyway China package arrived and took a few quick shots.

A couple of comparison shots to Morex 557 ~2.3L I believe

Came with all the fixings including a 12VDC 120W DC-DC supply and brick but that's only 60W.

Reactions: aquelito

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
It is a nice case. Looking at the specs at Newegg they say "HDD :1*3.5"HDD or 2*2.5"HDD". Does it come with frame(s) to secure the drives? Where would they fit?

Another detail I have noticed is that a 120W DC-DC power supply is included, but the AC adapter is only 60W. What adapter did you receive ? I think 60W is very marginal for this chassis. I have seen this in other Realan, Rgeek and such units. How good is that? Dosen't it mean that for most uses the AC adapter is a throw away?

FYI, I have seen, may be on the Realan site, that there is a USB3 upgrade part for the front panel USB2-audio assembly. I am not sure how hard would it be to get it, but may be of interest.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It is a nice Looking at the specs at Newegg they say "HDD :1*3.5"HDD or 2*2.5"HDD". Does it come with frame(s) to secure the drives? Where would they fit?

Another detail I have noticed is that a 120W DC-DC power supply is included, but the AC adapter is only 60W. What adapter did you receive ? I think 60W is very marginal for this chassis. I have seen this in other Realan, Rgeek and such units. How good is that? Dosen't it mean that for most uses the AC adapter is a throw away?

FYI, I have seen, may be on the Realan site, that there is a USB3 upgrade part for the front panel USB2-audio assembly. I am not sure how hard would it be to get it, but may be of interest.

60W is like pentium/celeron/200ge class. So in that regard useless since most people would want to put a 2200g or an i3 in it.

It looks nice but they got lazy and didn't counterbore the front, and they put vents that completely miss the cpu cooler.

At least it keeps me in business. :D

It does look roomy enough for an internal PSU mod.

Reactions: Soul_Est and chyll2

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Reactions: smitty2k1

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
It is a nice case. Looking at the specs at Newegg they say "HDD :1*3.5"HDD or 2*2.5"HDD". Does it come with frame(s) to secure the drives? Where would they fit?

There a sheet metal piece that goes over the top under the cover that is drilled for an assortment of drives, attached by screws. Took it off as I will only likely use M.2. This unit did come with a 60W Ac-DC brick but I have a 144W somewhere, I suppose a real fanless unit could use the 60W but for this case, yeah pretty useless.

EDIT: Meant to say I had already picked up one of these 19v 200W supplies from Rgeek that will fit in this box.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-19V-200...566071?hash=item48b41ed9f7:g:q9MAAOSw0VZbvbRR

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
I think you are right, the same case in silver. The packaging has e-Mini printed which seems to be closely related to Realan. But the case is nowhere to be seen.

By the way, the work on the video is dated 2014-2015. The presenter makes reference in a Spanish forum/blog to an INCTEL shop in Aliexpress where the case could be purchased. There are no traces of that silver K3 in that shop. I guess they moved to other brand named PARTAKER, as in my previous post.

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
It's the 'industrial look' :D

USB2 and the colored headphone and mic jacks also look a bit cheapish. I ordered these ones that seem compatible with this case, for a custom case I'm making atm, they look compatible: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...045.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f76c4c4dPXBeX7

Mine actually came in today, the audio ports were spaced perfect but the USBs are a bit too inboard a few mm's each side while the PCB screw holes are a few mm's too far outboard. Oh well for $8 or 9 it was worth a shot. Be interested to see if yours are the same. Otherwise cable length was actually alright. Might try to transplant the hardware. Also the front of these audio ports are even with the USB fronts, while the original audios are forward of the USB.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Mine actually came in today, the audio ports were spaced perfect but the USBs are a bit too inboard a few mm's each side while the PCB screw holes are a few mm's too far outboard. Oh well for $8 or 9 it was worth a shot. Be interested to see if yours are the same. Otherwise cable length was actually alright. Might try to transplant the hardware. Also the front of these audio ports are even with the USB fronts, while the original audios are forward of the USB.
Dang, guess I don't need to wait by the mailbox for my $8.50 air mail package now =/

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
Dang, guess I don't need to wait by the mailbox for my $8.50 air mail package now =/

There is a US eBay seller that has been selling the old Realan USB/audio assembly. If I was in your shoes, I think it would be worth a shot to contact him, including the comparative picture, asking if he can get the actual part from Realan. If that does not work, I would try a chat online on the e.Mini/Realan site asking if they have a preferred Aliexpress or other distributor in China that can source the part.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
Yeah but it's not for sale anywhere...

I am suggesting contact the seller asking to post it for sale. It worked for me last week with the RGeek eBay seller when I asked for a variation of a case.

Also, have you noticed the "Buy now" option on the Minicase link above? There is a place to drop a message.