Completed RCC-THIN1-H2O - a water cooled thin mini-ITX build

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

First tests for my custom rad looks promising. It is totally sufficient for cooling a 65W APU. Now I need to find some thin pump/res/cpu block, etc to fit with my enclosure.

PS: if someone should be interested in the rad concept only, I have created a dedicated thread:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
got my nice and slim pump in today. pretty affordable and perfect size for my case design.

still waiting for another pump/res combo to see which works better but this little guy already performs pretty good! :)

Reactions: reallamer

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
got another pump / res combo and put it all together. took me four hours to assemble everything but it was worth the trouble. pump is a bit noisy, so I`ll probably get another one but the rest works as expected.

If someone is interested in this project and also wants to build one, just let me know.

here some pictures for you:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I've never seen a 40mm rad that runs airflow across end to end like that. Is there a cooling benefit over 3x40mm radiators that would use three 40mm fans across its width?

But it sure as hell would compete for one of the smallest water cooled gaming/workstation PCs (looking at you, Apexx 1)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I've never seen a 40mm rad that runs airflow across end to end like that. Is there a cooling benefit over 3x40mm radiators that would use three 40mm fans across its width?

But it sure as hell would compete for one of the smallest water cooled gaming/workstation PCs (looking at you, Apexx 1)

Yeah, I first had to make one:

For thermals there is no advantage but it allows for more flexible case designs like this one. You could even put something like that in some small cases instead of a FLEX PSU.