www.revoccases.com
REVOCCASES RCC-THIN1-H2O - a water cooled thin mini-ITX build

prototype:

final version:

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
If you are using 40mm fans to draw air across the case, could you duct the air across an aluminium heatsink?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
If you are using 40mm fans to draw air across the case, could you duct the air across an aluminium heatsink?

Yeah, that was my initial plan but it turned out to be not the ideal solution in terms of noise and thermals.

Funny, but my modded aluminum heatsink with internals of a blower fan gives so far the best results. Max 75C with my 65W APU under load and whisper silent. now I am trying to find something like this ready to use.

Reactions: Goatee

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Since no available rad would fit for my design I have to make one. ?
Really interested in that radiator then..... I love a nice small 40mm radiator. Have you considered the Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 40mm's?

If your trying top make it as small as possible, the UT60 40mm Triple (164.5 x 40.5 x 60mm / L x W x H ) might work nicely along the board edge with a Alphacool Eisbaer LT (or equivilent) driving the loop?

Something like this:

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Really interested in that radiator then..... I love a nice small 40mm radiator. Have you considered the Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 40mm's?

If your trying top make it as small as possible, the UT60 40mm Triple (164.5 x 40.5 x 60mm / L x W x H ) might work nicely along the board edge with a Alphacool Eisbaer LT (or equivilent) driving the loop?

Something like this:

Yeah the Alphacool products are great but a bit pricey and hard to get here.

Sure, if it works and there should be interest I could also sell these small rads without the case. but first I'll have to build a prototype and test it.