Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
REVOCCASES submitted a new resource:

RCC-BIG560 DIY Edition - REVOCCASES RCC-BIG560 DIY Edition

REVOCCASES-RCC-BIG560-DIY Edition

This is the DIY-friendly edition of my RCC-BIG560 Case. It does not require any bending tools. All you need is access to a Laser Cutter or CNC Router to cut the panels and some tools for tapping M3/M4 threads.

Free to use for Personal Projects only - Commercial use prohibited!
  • All...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Design by ME

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Many thanks again @REVOCCASES, I have downloaded the DXF and emailed it to my sheet metal worker for a quote.
I may need a front SFX mount as I intend to air cool my CPU.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thta would be amazing thank you, I will be ordering 2 starter sets later.
That will save shipping for another UK SFFN member who lives fairly close to me.

The good news: Your starter sets are on the way. Hope I remembered to include everything you need. XD

The bad: I didn't check carefully and totally underestimated the shipping weight / cost. UPS almost charged me the same as if I would ship a complete case. So unfortunately I need to adjust shipping fees for coming orders. :confused:

Reactions: Goatee and Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Thank you very much. I'm sorry to hear the costs were a nasty surprise.
Waiting with excitement!

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I cannot believe that UPS got the parcel from @REVOCCASES in China to my house in the UK in 2 days!
It was delivered yesterday afternoon at 2pm...amazing!

I had a quick look and it all looks excellent, thank you.
The extrusions are great and well finished, and the fixtures kit looks massively comprehensive...

I also managed to get the second starter kit in the post this morning to SFFN friend

Thank you again for your excellent service and support; it's only the panel cutting that's holding me up

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
In the starter set - is there anything that can secure the gpu in place? Cannot see it in your pictures. Debating whether to make a second BIG560 that will be slightly bigger besides the one from you ;)

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
UK DIY is go!

I received these photos from my metalworking contact yesterday saying that he'd finished making me 2 sets of BIG 560 panels in 5251 Alu.

The sides are in 1.6mm sheet and the top & bottom are 2mm.

Top panel (by the look of it*) in 2.0mm sheet

*The bottom panel should have additional holes at the corners to screw the feet into.
BIG-560T.jpg

Mid / Motherboard support panel in 1.6mm sheet
BIG-560M.jpg

And here's the surprise component. My sheet metal guy designed me an alternative rear panel with 92mm fan mount instead of the SFX PSU mount.

BIG-560R.jpg

For reference, they came out a bit more expensive than his initial quote, but still pretty reasonable at 34 GBP (US$47) a set, which includes the standard and 92mm fan rear panels.
I ordered 2 sets, which should be delivered today - it's staring to get real!
They're unfinished other than some light dressing where the sheets bent in the heat, so I have to deburr and make them smooth.

I'm thinking about powder coating one set, but a friend who is an experienced amateur sprayer says he's always been disappointed by the 'orange peel' texture on all the powder coating he's had done, especially on flat surfaces.

The sheet metal guy also had one last surprise up his sleeve...he's made a 3rd set and will be experimenting with getting a nice surface finish by putting the panels in his big industrial sized rumble polisher.

Watch this space...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@pit - I have started a conversation with you.

Watch this space, the panels I have ordered should be all here soon.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Still waiting for my panels to arrive. There is a powder coating firm reasonably local to me, so finishing up shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Interested to hear powder coating goes.
I'm on holiday this week, so hoping to do a rough test build with my recently completed panel set.
I still potentially need 4 decent 120mm fans for this case, but undecided what to go with.
Also need to see if the case can be built inverted, as that may help with GPU cooling, being on the top...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Also need to see if the case can be built inverted, as that may help with GPU cooling, being on the top...

Shouldn't be a problem, just exchange the top with the bottom panel (the one with screw holes for the feet) and flip it around.

Curious which orientation will work better for air cooling... :)

Reactions: Arboreal