Discussion Psu extension cables for Lian Li TU-150

spiral

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
Figured i'd try out sff, coming from a CaseLabs M8 it's quite the downsizing.

Figured i'd start easy and ordred a TU-150, and the question is if i should buy a extension cables for the Corsair SF600, or are the included cables long enough to make a clean build ? Reusing my Dark Rock 4Pro and 2070s. Couldn't find a Z270 itx board here in Denmark, so having a preorder in on the Asus B550-I and a 3600 as a placeholder until Zen 3 comes out.

Texacate

AMD Ryzen
May 25, 2020
I'm extremely confident the cables included in the SF600 will reach the mobo in virtually any mini ITX case, including the TU150. The only reason you'd need extensions is if you prefer different aesthetics. That depends on your definition of "clean build", which is such a subjective thing. Personally I would wait before buying more parts. If you don't like how it looks, order the extensions later. Note, the Platinum version of Corsiar's SF PSUs comes with much nicer cables than the Gold series. I'd definitely recommend spending the extra $20 (US) up-front on the Platinum SF600.

spiral

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
I got the psu and running standard cables now. They do reach, but there is no room for proper management. And if you want to use 2x2.5 drives the sata cables are too short. Given it's such a hotbox i'll get rid of it and get another case, maybe the new O11 mini or the NR200. Today was a normal summer day(25c ish ambient), and i had to take the side panel off to prevent it from restarting every 20 mins while gaming. I guess that's due to the gpu running at close to 100%.

Texacate

AMD Ryzen
May 25, 2020
The NR200 looks promising, doesn't it?. Had I not bought an Ncase M1 already, I'd consider getting one. I guess there is no way to buy the vented TU150 panel separately. I like that the NR200P will come with both the glass and vented panels. Smart move CoolerMaster's part.

Mopar63

Caliper Novice
Jul 13, 2019
The NR200 looks promising, doesn't it?. Had I not bought an Ncase M1 already, I'd consider getting one. I guess there is no way to buy the vented TU150 panel separately. I like that the NR200P will come with both the glass and vented panels. Smart move CoolerMaster's part.
I reached out to a contact I have with Lian Li and was told windowed version and the vented side panel model are actually slightly different case designs due to the Glass being thicker than the solid side panel.

The move by Coolermastercould be VERY smart, if they make the glass kit available to none P buyers as an after market part.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
@Mopar63 I'm sure Cooler Master would consider it if the case is a commercial success. But SFF cases are often a gamble for case manufacturers, so it might be a while if it ever happens.

Mopar63

Caliper Novice
Jul 13, 2019
@Mopar63 I'm sure Cooler Master would consider it if the case is a commercial success. But SFF cases are often a gamble for case manufacturers, so it might be a while if it ever happens.
At this point it would appear to be a commercial success as they are having issues keeping up with demand, OR, they just did not make many and have screwed themselves over by not being prepared to properly support one of their better new designs.