PSA: NCASE does not have an instagram presence.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I am completely confused.... I have been in occasional contact with the guy running "ncasedesign" for a few months now (he stopped chatting in our group messages about a month or two ago however) he goes by Dan, he was "introduced" to me by an Instagram buddy who says that the Instagram account reached out to him through DM... We've been speaking to him thinking that he was a part of Ncase for months! He was very convincing.. damn I feel duped..
That is interesting... wahaha360's name is Dan, as a few people may know (if they've communicated via email). The NCASEdesign moniker is one that only I use, however, and my name is not Dan.

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
This is freaky. I wonder what this individual masquerading as NCASE is hoping to get from this.

(It's also discomforting that it took so long for anyone to realize this was even happening.)

Yeah I was tripping out reading this thread last night lol I kept thinking no worries that guy "Dan" will chime in any second and clear it up haha

I never really talked to him personally, just in the group chat, from what I recall he would answer anybody's questions about Ncase and from what I remember everything he said sounded pretty legit and correct (as far as release dates etc) so Idk what his intentions were but I don't think they were malicious, at least not in a way to purposefully tarnish Ncase's name.

That is interesting... wahaha360's name is Dan, as a few people may know (if they've communicated via email). The NCASEdesign moniker is one that only I use, however, and my name is not Dan.

Yeah idk who wahaha is either or anything, this guy was introduced to me as Dan from Ncase, considering it was the only Ncase Instagram page and it seemed legit, I had no reason to not believe he wasn't legit either.

A few months ago our group chat switched over from Instagram to discord, he didn't want to do it, maybe he knew we'd catch on to him or something. Haven't really talked to him much since then.

Hope everything works out for you guys! If you guys ever want to start a REAL IG account let me know, I'd love to give you guys some start-up promo, you guys already have a strong fan base on IG

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah idk who wahaha is either or anything
Wahaha360 is the real Dan from NCASE.

I was a part of that group chat and what is interesting is that he was talking about developing windowed side panels for the M1! @Necere and @wahaha360 was that ever in the works?
I've always been against a window for the M1 on account of the incompatibilities it introduces. You wouldn't be able to use the side bracket, which is practically half the functionality of the case, and it would affect things like GPU width/waterblock fitment. IMO a case really needs to be designed with a window in mind from the outset.

That said, the impersonator was clearly doing their homework, because at some point someone asked about a windowed side panel and w360 replied that we were looking into it. That is true insofar as we were looking into windows generally (i.e., for possible use in future prjects), but again, I was and am of the opinion that it's not a good fit for the M1.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe Dan has developed split personality* and his alter ego is secretly running the fake yet helpful Instagram account?

*Yes, I know that split personality isn't really a thing

Reactions: mitxlove

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
That said, the impersonator was clearly doing their homework, because at some point someone asked about a windowed side panel and w360 replied that we were looking into it. That is true insofar as we were looking into windows generally (i.e., for possible use in future prjects), but again, I was and am of the opinion that it's not a good fit for the M1.
I'm starting to think that his name was "Dan" on purpose... Kinda scary to think he went so far to impersonate you guys. But seems like it's over with now?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm starting to think that his name was "Dan" on purpose... Kinda scary to think he went so far to impersonate you guys. But seems like it's over with now?

I'm curious as to if Instagram took it down, or the account owner closed it. I'd personally like for Necere to be given the account even if NCASE never plans to use it, just so that this sort of thing can be prevented in the future. I literally made multiple social media accounts for Kimera Industries after reading this thread, wholly to protect ourselves.

Also - and I mean this in all sincerity - if the person who ran this account is reading this, I implore you to make a random/anonymous account on the forum and let us know why you did it! I promise to keep the thread civilized, and I really just wanna know the how and why. It looks as if you were very thorough, and I can think of a lot of motivations for running the account.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

I'm curious as to if Instagram took it down, or the account owner closed it. I'd personally like for Necere to be given the account even if NCASE never plans to use it, just so that this sort of thing can be prevented in the future. I literally made multiple social media accounts for Kimera Industries after reading this thread, wholly to protect ourselves.

Also - and I mean this in all sincerity - if the person who ran this account is reading this, I implore you to make a random/anonymous account on the forum and let us know why you did it! I promise to keep the thread civilized, and I really just wanna know the how and why. It looks as if you were very thorough, and I can think of a lot of motivations for running the account.
The account was closed before I actually got around to making an instagram account myself and contacting them, so they're probably aware of this thread. In any case, the situation is resolved as far as I'm concerned. Their motivations are anyone's guess, but I'm not particularly worried about it.

minimal_pc

What's an ITX?
May 12, 2016
instagram.com
because at some point someone asked about a windowed side panel and w360 replied that we were looking into it. That is true insofar as we were looking into windows generally (i.e., for possible use in future prjects), but again, I was and am of the opinion that it's not a good fit for the M1.

That was probably me (via ncases.com contact email form); though I've since ended up modding a window myself.

Was really disappointed to hear it wasn't you or wahaha360, I'd been tagging my posts on Instagram back to that account, hashtags and so on. For what it's worth, it would be awesome to have an official NCASE presence on IG.

Reactions: mitxlove

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2016
That was probably me (via ncases.com contact email form); though I've since ended up modding a window myself.

Was really disappointed to hear it wasn't you or wahaha360, I'd been tagging my posts on Instagram back to that account, hashtags and so on. For what it's worth, it would be awesome to have an official NCASE presence on IG.

I second what he said about the Ncase presence