Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Hue

Case Bender
Aug 26, 2018
Hey guys, MORE PROTOTYPE!

Another big day - this piece is identical to the previous one but in anodized dark gray. IMHO I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, it's exactly what we had in mind for MJOLNIR I in DARK color. What do you think?

* NOTE: I don't have the best camera so the images have a bit of noise (iPhone 6S+) *

Here's a pic of the two color (STEEL and DARK) next to each other.

I marked the part in blue so that it's easier to understand how it's connected.

The rest of the internal frame will be shipped very soon! We'll update you as soon as anything new turns up (except for screws and washers, not so exciting XD).

Best,
Alex

I am looking forward to this wonderful case.

There is a point to worry about looking at the back panel.
Can connectors be properly inserted into GPU ports?
Since it is a thick back panel, there is a possibility of interfering with the connector unless you take sufficient clearance.

MI-6 case expands the opening of the back panel with a new version.
I hope that no similar problem will occur in this case.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I am looking forward to this wonderful case.

There is a point to worry about looking at the back panel.
Can connectors be properly inserted into GPU ports?
Since it is a thick back panel, there is a possibility of interfering with the connector unless you take sufficient clearance.

MI-6 case expands the opening of the back panel with a new version.
I hope that no similar problem will occur in this case.

DisplayPort plug would be my biggest worry, but there is 8 mm of space on both sides of the metal connector so there shouldn't be any problems :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey peeps,

@atomicus mentioned that placing the reservoir below the pump (AIO rad below the CPU block) is not optimal, especially if there's air in the system (either due to evaporation of fluid or bad manufacturing). This was initially brought to our attention by Quartz from Overclockers UK, it was also he who suggested below solution:

Now you can ensure the radiator stays above the CPU block by simply flipping the whole internal frame :D This also switches up the aesthetics for a new fresh look.

Best,
Alex

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hey peeps,

@atomicus mentioned that placing the reservoir below the pump (AIO rad below the CPU block) is not optimal, especially if there's air in the system (either due to evaporation of fluid or bad manufacturing). This was initially brought to our attention by Quartz from Overclockers UK, it was also he who suggested below solution:

Now you can ensure the radiator stays above the CPU block by simply flipping the whole internal frame :D This also switches up the aesthetics for a new fresh look.

Best,
Alex
well that sure is nifty!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
UPDATE, A BIG ONE!

The part we've all been waiting for is finally here - The Unibody Enclosure / Outer Shell. It feels UNREAL to see it IRL after countless hours spent refining and perfecting it. Big thanks to everybody here for supporting us and providing valuable ideas :) Hope you guys like how it all turned out, can't wait to see what you can do with this case once it's shipped :thumb: Now, let's finish the prototype and launch the campaign.

Sorry if the images have a bit of noise in them, I used my iPhone 6S+ camera.

More parts will arrive on Monday, stay tuned. Damn exciting times!! Did the real enclosure meet your expectations?

I spent so much time staring at this part yesterday I think my gf got jealous XD

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Make sure to get some pictures in the wild, this way it looks almost rendered. It is an engineering marvel!
Agree. Take a picture of it on your dinner table or something- not a studio lighting scenario. Cuz this does look like a render .
Looking beautiful. But I still cannot swallow the $350 starting price tag.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
that is some seriously sexy stuff right there

so when do you think we can start buying this beaut

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it! There are couple of things left to do, but we aim to launch the Kickstarter on 1:st of October.

Make sure to get some pictures in the wild, this way it looks almost rendered. It is an engineering marvel!

Agree. Take a picture of it on your dinner table or something- not a studio lighting scenario. Cuz this does look like a render .
Looking beautiful. But I still cannot swallow the $350 starting price tag.

Alright guys, here is a vid on it. Note: compared to real life this video is to dark and yellow, but I’ll get some more shots soon in different environments :thumb:

Prices are 299$ for the Standard Edition and 349$ for the RGB Edition. More on the RGB on Monday :thumb:

Reactions: Sashby and Phuncz

nomadgamer

What's an ITX?
Jun 9, 2018
Oct 1. can't wait, what's your timeframe for them to arrive on our doorsteps? Will be leaving the country next May so I'm hoping it arrives before then or that Kickstarter will let me change delivery addresses?

Wantabiggercpu

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2018
At first: Nice design and good progress!

BUT: After experiencing the DAN A4 which is very much the same built-up i see one major issue here: HEAT

The DAN A4 has massively more venting holes. And even in the A4 fast hardware gets very warm. So I don't see this case working toegether with high-end parts.

So for a much higher price I get a better visual appearance but worse temps and therefore much more noise. I don't think this is a great deal.

I think holed side panels are necessary at least.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
How much will it cost for people living in eu?
Will people have to pay vat and import duty on top of the price?

What's the import duty % on PC Hardware and computer cases in your country (in Sweden it's 0%) ?. Also, what's the VAT % on PC Hardware and computer cases in your country (in Sweden it's 25%) ? :)

Oct 1. can't wait, what's your timeframe for them to arrive on our doorsteps? Will be leaving the country next May so I'm hoping it arrives before then or that Kickstarter will let me change delivery addresses?

We’re estimating 5 months post Kickstarter to be one the safe side. Hopefully much much earlier than that (but hey if you get your case early, that’s just a positive bonus). The longest lead time we have received yet was 1 month. Anodizing ~1 month max. Then we have 3 months to spare for packing, shipping and unexpected delays that often occur with new product launches. If we focus, I think it should be very possible to complete this stage in 1-2 months. So let’s count:

[Optimistic] October 2018 + 1 month (Kickstarter campaign) + 1 month (creating parts) + 1 month (anodizing)+ 1 month (packing and shipping) = Februari 2019

[Pessimistic] October 2018 + 1 month (Kickstarter campaign) + 1 month (creating parts) + 1 month (anodizing) + 3 month (packing and shipping) = April 2019

At first: Nice design and good progress!

BUT: After experiencing the DAN A4 which is very much the same built-up i see one major issue here: HEAT

The DAN A4 has massively more venting holes. And even in the A4 fast hardware gets very warm. So I don't see this case working toegether with high-end parts.

So for a much higher price I get a better visual appearance but worse temps and therefore much more noise. I don't think this is a great deal.

I think holed side panels are necessary at least.

We'll have to do thermal test before concluding anything :)

Looks sooo good! I can't not wait for it!

Thanks a lot, really glad you like it. It's soon ready for KS!! :D

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
What's the import duty % on PC Hardware and computer cases in your country (in Sweden it's 0%) ?. Also, what's the VAT % on PC Hardware and computer cases in your country (in Sweden it's 25%) ? :)

We'll have to do thermal test before concluding anything :)

Thanks a lot, really glad you like it. It's soon ready for KS!! :D

when you do thermal test, please also keep in mind your customers who might be in warmer climates. where the ambient temperature is about 30 degrees c or higher.