Project PC-NT

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looking forward to your completed build, the new color scheme looks good. The frame of my Ncase is starting to get fairly beat up after over 1 year of use and a lot of disassembly, I have been thinking about pulling it apart and repainting it, new color might be an interesting idea.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Interesting choice in colors, can't say it's not looking unique and spiffy ! I'm curious how it'll look with hardware inside !

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I like the copper+cream colour scheme!
They should actually match the color of the case, which is very rare!

Btw, do I really see an NCase chassis suspended to an audio jack?
Heh, nice find! It looks like it is doing a good new job as a hook! XD

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Its the F2A88XN-Wifi, which shares layout with the Gigabyte AB350 board, and yes the USB cable is long enough :-)

Also yes thats an audio jack holding the chassis up in the air, I had a dead pair of earbuds around and it made a quick mounting method lol.

I will most likely be changing the board in this build, pictures to come later today.

Reactions: zovc

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Later today was some time ago! I've been using "PC-NT" for some time now, with a few tweaks and a different motherboard. Will get pics up tomorrow. The question I have for folks is;

I'm planning on forming some internal covers and panels from acrylic sheet. With the current hardware colour scheme (black componentry, Noctua fans), should I go with black, grey or beige panels?

I plan on going with a HDPlex 300w + KMPKT Dynamo Mini power supply combo (one less fan than having a SFX PSU!), so these panels will hide the 300w AC-DC power supply as well as route cables neatly. Think Million Dollar PC level cable routing on a budget XD

Reactions: owliwar and zovc

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I'm having a hard time visualizing what the sheets are doing, or where they'd be, but I definitely thing black would be the most "neutral" choice.

I gotta say, the case looks great, though!

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I thing beige on the interior would look good as well. if the panels aren't small black will be too heavy. But im with zovc on this, what is the panel ... covering? .. were are they going to?

also my geek for old hardware wife found this beautifull