Problem with my "big air" m1 build

mmmrb

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
Hello,
I finish my new build recently, it's a "big air" mod. It's a ncase m1 v5 with a aorus x570 itx, ryzen 3700x, amd radeon vii and silverstone 700w sfx-l. For the cpu cooler i go for the dark rock tf. Two be quiet silents wings in the side as intake, and two in the bottom as exhaust.
I mod the radeon vii with an accelero III. As the original plate do not fit, i make a proper one. I reuse the original r7 mounting mechanism and backplate.

The build go nicely, no problem with the dark rock tf as some may had with the asrock x370. It fit nicely, the cooler touch the ram module slightly but it's ok and not problem with the mounting mechanism. Their is even enough space for a noctua 92 15mm if i want, but i don't know if it's worth the trouble and i have no more pwm connector.

Also the mounting of the R7 with the accelero was easy, amd move the gpu to the right compare to the vega64 so the accelero heatpipe is perfectly place.

The build go pretty well, i just finish OC my ram to 3600mhz cas 16. But still, i saw a strange behavior. Sometimes the pc just stop, i don't know why. It stop but the power button is still up, after a few seconds it try to reboot but cannot and keep doing nothing, i have to remove the power cord and put it again a few second later. I try to id the problem, and i saw it is when i move the computer, or if their is a light shock near it or any kind of vibration, or also if i put again one panel of the m1...

I try to id the problem all day, and i think the problem come from the graphic card. I try with another small graphic card i have in another computer and i don't see this behavior again. I thought someone here would have some suggestion about this, this problem is annoying, i cannot move the computer. I post some photo of my R7 + accelero.

Besg regards

Reactions: Phuncz

mmmrb

Case Bender
Original poster
Aug 16, 2019
After some investigation it appear the problem come from my silverstone psu. It goes rma tomorrow...

Reactions: Phuncz