Stalled Powering STX off of Molex

Zanewinter77

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
I just purchased an ASRock h110m-stx and I'm looking to get a HDPlex 300w AC-DC and a HDPlex 400w HIFI DC-ATX and I want to power my i5 6600, and a GTX 1080 off it. Would I be able to power the motherboard off of a Molex to DC adapter, or would I have to source my own? If so what would be the best way of doing so?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If you can wait a little while I am expecting the KMPKT Dynamo to be available sometime in October. It is an HDPlex built custom unit and it will come with a compliment of custom plugs for builds exactly like this. Basically you'll run a brick into the unit, a 6 pin to barrel connector from the board to your Mini STX board and then can power two 8 pin PCIe cables off of the board. Doing this with a conventional DC-DC supply is a bit of a nightmare but possible. I would suggest looking at @Aibohphobia 's STX 160.0 build log to learn more.

Zanewinter77

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Damnnn.... I Just now saw that reply...
I already ordered the HDPlex combo. I've been looking over that build to try and find out how he sourced his connector. Do you think the KMPKT will just sell the adapters appose to the whole kit?
After doing more research it wouldn't be possible to power the STX off the molex because the max it can put out is 12V ( But you probably already knew that lol)

Zanewinter77

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
My goal is to fit everything into a 2.5 liter case and use the 300w DC-DC as a case handle to have a sleek design and to get around having an "External Power Brick"

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/lo...=eTKs8RDK2_V0K3L8uZtBGsXykiBAGJ1ddMQqxGuZrOY=
This is what I have in mind so far
I'm not good at 3D Modeling at all so I sourced basic drafts for size so I have a rough Idea of what I'm working with (It's still in the early stage of design )
If anyone has and pointers to help me reach my goal. I would greatly appreciate it