Asrock h110m-STX
i5 7400
750 ti
12 GB RAM
840 EVO SSD
HD Plex 400watt power brick
HD Plex 300Watt DC-DC
120 Watt STX Power Brick

I can't figure out how to power the mobo off the HD Plex, nor can I find an adapter
If anyone knows anything about this it would help a lot
Thank you

Windfall

I'm a huge fan of SFF
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Okay, so first, I reccomend you read this: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/stx160-0-the-most-powerful-atx-unit-in-the-world.934/

Now, with the Hdplex 160 and 300w adapters, there is a 19v output. That is what STX requires. If you read the STX.160 thread, you can see how he connected EVERYTHING, including the GPU. He had to make an adapter, 4-pin to barrel plug, but you could PROABLY just stick the wires in and it would work. read that thread, and if you have any more questions, ask!

Windfall

I'm a huge fan of SFF
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Bye the way, I would recommend moving this thread to the hardware section, because you are asking a question, not showcasing anything, YET. I do want to see what you make. I just don't think this is the proper thread. No offense, just trying to help!

Zanewinter77

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
My bad and I've read that form countless times and I cant find out exactly how and the last time I tried I messed up BADLY fried my 16 GB of RAM and my mobo.
But I'm gonna post some pictures of the project as soon as I get home

Windfall

I'm a huge fan of SFF
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
If you contacted @Kmpkt He could proably help you more than me....
" The ASRock doesn't have an internal power connector (just the 5.5mm x 2.5mm barrel connector on the back) and the HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX doesn't have a PEG connector so I'll have to cobble together a wire harness but otherwise it should work." He says that in the build log.