News PowerColor RX 5700 ITX

According to this article on OC3D.net PowerColor is coming out with a RX 5700 itx card, very good news. Limited to the Japanese market but hopefully someone can get their hands on one.

Edit: There is a VBIOS the brings the UEFI GOP to the 5700 ITX. You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223333/223333
Credit @Soul_Est

Last edited:

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Somehow it's taking them over 2 ½ months and counting to add a "GOP" to the 5700 ITX. I thought it would be a one day job.

SP00KIE

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 25, 2020
Has anyone benchmarked the card yet? I mreally curious about performance, temps, noice and ppower draw.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This is a video review of the PowerColor RX5600 XT ITX:

There's a major flaw with the fan profile in the review unit.

Reactions: SP00KIE

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
Just checking in to see if anyone ever heard back from Powercolor on this one regarding an updated VBIOS? Kind of a disappointment, will probably have to sell the card if they can't fix GOP issue.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Just checking in to see if anyone ever heard back from Powercolor on this one regarding an updated VBIOS? Kind of a disappointment, will probably have to sell the card if they can't fix GOP issue.

You are in for a story.

I was in contact with them since beginning of March. They said their engineer acknowledged the issue, and that it should be fixed with an updated VBIOS. After that, I periodically checked with them if any progress were made, and each time they said to wait some more time. Sometimes they gave estimates like weeks. Yet the months passed on, and in June/July, I asked them one last time, and then they replied asking me to clarify the issue again since they had forgotten what it was all about. In the email before that, they specifically said to wait 2 more weeks. After that, they suddenly don't know about the issue. Mindboggling.

I guess the last reply was from a new guy, who didn't read the email history. But for all I know, they lied to me for months. No idea what was going on there.

I never replied to their last email. Don't expect them to come out with an updated VBIOS.

Reactions: Zgembo and owliwar

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
You are in for a story.

I was in contact with them since beginning of March. They said their engineer acknowledged the issue, and that it should be fixed with an updated VBIOS. After that, I periodically checked with them if any progress were made, and each time they said to wait some more time. Sometimes they gave estimates like weeks. Yet the months passed on, and in June/July, I asked them one last time, and then they replied asking me to clarify the issue again since they had forgotten what it was all about. In the email before that, they specifically said to wait 2 more weeks. After that, they suddenly don't know about the issue. Mindboggling.

I guess the last reply was from a new guy, who didn't read the email history. But for all I know, they lied to me for months. No idea what was going on there.

I never replied to their last email. Don't expect them to come out with an updated VBIOS.
There is a VBIOS the brings the UEFI GOP to the 5700 ITX. You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223333/223333

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
power color is garbage. A friend have mining operation, 8gb 580 death rate is over 10% , not overheated or anything, dying without warning. For example, he have many brands, 0 dead cards of any other brand. AND they not honoring any rma. Woudn't put it in my pc for free.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
power color is garbage. A friend have mining operation, 8gb 580 death rate is over 10% , not overheated or anything, dying without warning. For example, he have many brands, 0 dead cards of any other brand. AND they not honoring any rma. Woudn't put it in my pc for free.

Not sure where you friend is located, but in North America Powercolor's warranty is 2 years.

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
There is a VBIOS the brings the UEFI GOP to the 5700 ITX. You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223333/223333
thats awesome if that works... can anyone verify it works? might order the card again but have to be sure...

This looks like it is working. I'm ecstatic. I've re-installed Windows with CSM off and have better sensor (temperature, power, etc) support outside of AMD's drivers now. The fan curve is better because it's actually made for this size card. Settings I save like AMD tuning persists reboots. And all 3 display outputs are working again. (Previously, I was on a non-stock VBIOS to fix things as they came OOB including UEFI GOP.)

I'll post back if I have any problems, but so far all my issues are resolved on the 223333 VBIOS. Finally going to go for a macOS install again.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016

The parody is complete then. It has a build date of March 29. I guess they fixed the issue in March, and new cards from the factory gets the new VBIOS, yet they don't offer it for download on their website? And the engineer don't tell their support staff, that just pulls something out of their asses every time you email them.

Reactions: Zgembo

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
This looks like it is working. I'm ecstatic. I've re-installed Windows with CSM off and have better sensor (temperature, power, etc) support outside of AMD's drivers now. The fan curve is better because it's actually made for this size card. Settings I save like AMD tuning persists reboots. And all 3 display outputs are working again. (Previously, I was on a non-stock VBIOS to fix things as they came OOB including UEFI GOP.)

I'll post back if I have any problems, but so far all my issues are resolved on the 223333 VBIOS. Finally going to go for a macOS install again.
Glad that it is working out well for you.

The parody is complete then. It has a build date of March 29. I guess they fixed the issue in March, and new cards from the factory gets the new VBIOS, yet they don't offer it for download on their website? And the engineer don't tell their support staff, that just pulls something out of their asses every time you email them.
I work in internal tech support at a company. There are only a few of us supporting hundreds of people. Lack of communication and understanding happens as there are so few of us to convey or respond with the correct info. Would not be surprised if that is also the case here.

asle

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 11, 2020
Hi I have moved from a Louque Ghost S1 with Radeon RX 580 to a Skyreach Mini S4 (no I am not selling the Louque!!) and need a ITX card under 215mm. I was wondering about heat and throttling. Since I can get hold of the PowerColor 5700 at amazon.co.jp and the price is not very much more than I pay for the PowerColor 5600XT here in Norway, what you you suggest? The 5600 XT will cost me $470 while the 5700 -> $490. The small difference is because they do not sell the 5700 here. Would the 5600 XT be a better choice for my Skyreach Min S4?

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Hi I have moved from a Louque Ghost S1 with Radeon RX 580 to a Skyreach Mini S4 (no I am not selling the Louque!!) and need a ITX card under 215mm. I was wondering about heat and throttling. Since I can get hold of the PowerColor 5700 at amazon.co.jp and the price is not very much more than I pay for the PowerColor 5600XT here in Norway, what you you suggest? The 5600 XT will cost me $470 while the 5700 -> $490. The small difference is because they do not sell the 5700 here. Would the 5600 XT be a better choice for my Skyreach Min S4?
You won't find much of a difference between the two thermally. The 5600 XT uses the same GPU die as the 5700 and smaller memory bus.

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016

i've heard this as well, unfortunately this is the only ITX option for those of us that need AMD (for me its for mac compatibility)

Not sure where you friend is located, but in North America Powercolor's warranty is 2 years.

stated warranty vs actual warranty service you receive can be quite different.

let us know how macOS handles the card... should really be no issues, but will be good to know (its the main reason im considering this card again)

also... just realized that last time i got this card and returned it, i couldnt get any video at all... how would i flash the VBIOS if this happened again?

Reactions: Jello