News PowerColor RX 5700 ITX

According to this article on OC3D.net PowerColor is coming out with a RX 5700 itx card, very good news. Limited to the Japanese market but hopefully someone can get their hands on one.

Edit: There is a VBIOS the brings the UEFI GOP to the 5700 ITX. You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223333/223333
Credit @Soul_Est

Last edited:

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
If its not to much to ask could measure the length of the pcb itself, no pcie bracket or cooler included.

I'd love to upgrade the vega nano in my console sleeper build.

PCB is exactly 175mm.

i'll be installing it this weekend probably if anyone's interested in any other performance info. im most curious how loud it will be.

Reactions: k0n and rfarmer

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
finally got a chance to install mine, it powers up but monitors get no signal. no BIOS, nothing. Monitors all black and say 'no signal'

anyone have any idea what I could try before i send it back? so far i've updated my board to latest BIOS (Gigabyte Z370N), tried 3 monitors (all same), tried different DP and HDMI cables, tried 2 other RX580s i have (all worked fine). forced PCI 3 in BIOS.

normally i'd blame the card except for one thing - one time i got an RX580 on ebay with the same issue. the seller kindly took it back but showed me a video of it working on his rig. makes me wonder if the card might be fine, just something about my setup certain cards dont like.

unfortunately i have no other PCs with PCI slot to try this card on, just a bunch of deskminis. any ideas?

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
finally got a chance to install mine, it powers up but monitors get no signal. no BIOS, nothing. Monitors all black and say 'no signal'

anyone have any idea what I could try before i send it back? so far i've updated my board to latest BIOS (Gigabyte Z370N), tried 3 monitors (all same), tried different DP and HDMI cables, tried 2 other RX580s i have (all worked fine). forced PCI 3 in BIOS.

normally i'd blame the card except for one thing - one time i got an RX580 on ebay with the same issue. the seller kindly took it back but showed me a video of it working on his rig. makes me wonder if the card might be fine, just something about my setup certain cards dont like.

unfortunately i have no other PCs with PCI slot to try this card on, just a bunch of deskminis. any ideas?

Any luck? I just ordered one to the USA, should be here in a week and am curious.

Reactions: ChinStrap

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
nope, just ended up returning it. return shipping was almost 200$ lol (retail DHL, wholesale price is probably about 1/2 that). Amazon refunds you return shipping for DOA items but it takes a while and only up to about 100$ish, the rest they give you in store credit. really bad luck i guess, was really excited for this card. let us know how yours goes.

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
Is there any chance of shipping one to germany :/
Amazon.jp ships to Europe. Shipping for the card is 25€. You also have to pay customs deposit, but that should be refunded upon delivery, since EU has free trade deal with Japan. I'm going to buy it and will report how it went with customs.

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
nope, just ended up returning it. return shipping was almost 200$ lol (retail DHL, wholesale price is probably about 1/2 that). Amazon refunds you return shipping for DOA items but it takes a while and only up to about 100$ish, the rest they give you in store credit. really bad luck i guess, was really excited for this card. let us know how yours goes.

Well that's concerning... hopefully I have better luck, I'll keep you posted!

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
That's not good. Maybe the card was rushed into retail and a finished BIOS could be sourced from the manufacturer?
On different note - looks like Powercolor is also offering an eGPU solution using this card:

Reactions: Soul_Est

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
I've received the card, but I won't be home to give it a whirl until Friday night... the suspense is killing me.

Hi all. It looks like the VBIOS of this card *DOES NOT HAVE UEFI GOP*, hence some users may experience no post video, unless MB BIOS CMS is turned on. I've just dumped the card's VBIOS, and indeed, there is no GOP in the binary at all. WTF PowerColor?

Not excited to see what that means for the dual-boot hackintosh I planned to put this in; hopefully it's okay.

That's not good. Maybe the card was rushed into retail and a finished BIOS could be sourced from the manufacturer?

I've been having trouble finding anything about this attached to PowerColor other than news articles, and they don't have a Japanese site that I can find. Hoping they'll at least humor this kind of request via email.

Reactions: Basriy

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
Hi all. It looks like the VBIOS of this card *DOES NOT HAVE UEFI GOP*, hence some users may experience no post video, unless MB BIOS CMS is turned on. I've just dumped the card's VBIOS, and indeed, there is no GOP in the binary at all. WTF PowerColor?

wow. I can't remember if i tried turning CSM off, but this has to be what happened with mine. It's definitely the last thing you'd expect from a next-gen pcie4.0 card.

@paradigmpost most newer hackintosh configs assume UEFI only, leaving CSM on will make things a mess. my build was going to be triple boot w/linux too

Zgembo

Trash Compacter
Apr 14, 2017
wow. I can't remember if i tried turning CSM off, but this has to be what happened with mine. It's definitely the last thing you'd expect from a next-gen pcie4.0 card.

@paradigmpost most newer hackintosh configs assume UEFI only, leaving CSM on will make things a mess. my build was going to be triple boot w/linux too
Well, in theory this card should be flashable to any standard RX5700 VBIOS, and they all do contain GOP. I find the card to be pretty much excellent, other than this GOP BS.

Zgembo

Trash Compacter
Apr 14, 2017
OK, just FYI; I've just flashed my RX5700 ITX with Sapphire (Pulse?) RX 5700 8 GB BIOS (md5: b28ef927de1c423da7d7191fb329a841) and voila, GOP is back in place... Reason I've chosen this particular VBIOS is because BIOS version and TDP & clock limits match the PowerColor ITX defaults. One funny consequence though, what used to be a primary DisplayPort connector is now a secondary one. Here is what I did (unfortunately, had to do it from Windoze, administrator cmd):

Code:
C:\Users\Zgembo\Downloads\atiflash_293>amdvbflash.exe -i

adapter bn dn fn dID       asic           flash      romsize test    bios p/n
======= == == == ==== =============== ============== ======= ==== ==============
   0    0C 00 00 731F Navi10          GD25Q41B         80000 pass 113-D19903-XL

C:\Users\Zgembo\Downloads\atiflash_293>amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 Sapphire.RX5700.8192.190813_1.rom
Old SSID: 0B36
New SSID: E411
The result of RSA signature verify is PASS.
Old DeviceID: 731F
New DeviceID: 731F
Old Product Name: NAVI10 A1/A2 D19902 XL 8GB 300e/875m
New Product Name: NAVI10 A1/A2 E411 XL 8GB 300e/875m
Old BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049.000000
New BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049.000000
Flash type: GD25Q41B
80000/80000h bytes programmed
80000/80000h bytes verified

Restart System To Complete VBIOS Update.
And of course: don't do this at home unless you know what are you doing.

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
OK, just FYI; I've just flashed my RX5700 ITX with Sapphire (Pulse?) RX 5700 8 GB BIOS (md5: b28ef927de1c423da7d7191fb329a841) and voila, GOP is back in place... Reason I've chosen this particular VBIOS is because BIOS version and TDP & clock limits match the PowerColor ITX defaults. One funny consequence though, what used to be a primary DisplayPort connector is now a secondary one. Here is what I did (unfortunately, had to do it from Windoze, administrator cmd):

Code:
C:\Users\Zgembo\Downloads\atiflash_293>amdvbflash.exe -i

adapter bn dn fn dID       asic           flash      romsize test    bios p/n
======= == == == ==== =============== ============== ======= ==== ==============
   0    0C 00 00 731F Navi10          GD25Q41B         80000 pass 113-D19903-XL

C:\Users\Zgembo\Downloads\atiflash_293>amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 Sapphire.RX5700.8192.190813_1.rom
Old SSID: 0B36
New SSID: E411
The result of RSA signature verify is PASS.
Old DeviceID: 731F
New DeviceID: 731F
Old Product Name: NAVI10 A1/A2 D19902 XL 8GB 300e/875m
New Product Name: NAVI10 A1/A2 E411 XL 8GB 300e/875m
Old BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049.000000
New BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049.000000
Flash type: GD25Q41B
80000/80000h bytes programmed
80000/80000h bytes verified

Restart System To Complete VBIOS Update.
And of course: don't do this at home unless you know what are you doing.

I'm very software-technical (programmer for a living) but not familiar with BIOS flashing; does the fact that, for example, the Sapphire Pulse has 2 power connectors versus 1 in the PowerColor ITX not influence the VBIOS you're flashing?

Assuming you don't face any issues in the meantime, and lack of GOP affects supporting macOS, I will probably try the same this weekend.

slightly off-topic: The research I've done on CSM VBIOS support in Clover/macOS is very wishy-washy given that Clover BIOS is de-factor unsupported these days, but CSM still influences how Clover UEFI (or at least how devices) operate so I'm still not 100% clear on whether I'll have to go this route of flashing the VBIOS to gain proper support.