About to buy the following build:
CPU: i7-14700k
MOBO: ASUS STRIX B760-I
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix XT
GPU: Zotac Gaming Trinity 4070 Ti Super
RAM: G.Skill Ripgaws S5 64GB (2x32gb)
PSU: Corsair SF1000L (Yes, overkill)
Case: Dan A4-H20

Going for a small case because I travel a lot. But I'm a little worried about overheating with only a 240mm AIO and no other fans. I'd like a case as small as possible, but if I'm going to get major improvements with a little bit bigger case like a NR200P Max, then it'd be worth it for me.

Can anyone tell me if they think this build will be ok or if they'd recommend I bump to the NR200P Max for the 280mm AIO? And would that bump make the system ok?

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
As a frequent traveler myself I would highly advise you don't go with the NR200, it will be quite difficult to travel with due to its weight and size. Even the A4-H2O is bigger than I am comfortable traveling with, but you can't really go smaller if you plan to use a 14700K. The 14700K is one of the hottest CPUs on the market, but if you are just gaming and not doing productivity you probably should be ok with a 240mm AIO. Any particular reason you aren't going with something like a 7800X3D? That is basically the best gaming CPU currently and runs significantly cooler than the 14700K.

petricor

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2018
About to buy the following build:
CPU: i7-14700k
MOBO: ASUS STRIX B760-I
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix XT
GPU: Zotac Gaming Trinity 4070 Ti Super
RAM: G.Skill Ripgaws S5 64GB (2x32gb)
PSU: Corsair SF1000L (Yes, overkill)
Case: Dan A4-H20

Going for a small case because I travel a lot. But I'm a little worried about overheating with only a 240mm AIO and no other fans. I'd like a case as small as possible, but if I'm going to get major improvements with a little bit bigger case like a NR200P Max, then it'd be worth it for me.

Can anyone tell me if they think this build will be ok or if they'd recommend I bump to the NR200P Max for the 280mm AIO? And would that bump make the system ok?
As a frequent traveler myself I would highly advise you don't go with the NR200, it will be quite difficult to travel with due to its weight and size. Even the A4-H2O is bigger than I am comfortable traveling with, but you can't really go smaller if you plan to use a 14700K. The 14700K is one of the hottest CPUs on the market, but if you are just gaming and not doing productivity you probably should be ok with a 240mm AIO. Any particular reason you aren't going with something like a 7800X3D? That is basically the best gaming CPU currently and runs significantly cooler than the 14700K.
Agree with @HWI - the performance-per-watt you get out of a high end Ryzen beats intel by quite a stretch and is what you want for SFF. As for overheating: Check out @morj 's latest build - answers you questions, including some temperature readings. 240mm is enough, even with a beefier GPU, if you avoid that Intel CPU burning a hole into your build.

Reactions: morj

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Yeah, I ran the GPU only on the 240mm radiator with slim fans initially and it had no problems whatsoever (300+ W), so I think even a high-end Intel will be fine with a 240 AIO.