Dan A4 SFX vs DAN H20 for travel?

Mastamarek

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Dec 29, 2023
Ok, so far in my research I have narrowed it down to two cases.
A4 or H20. Main usage is travel. bus, airplane, train, car etc etc. So it must be functional.

from what I understand ... A4 is smaller, not AIO friendly so higher temps.

h20 is AIO friendly, so lower temps but bigger overall dimensions.

My build will be:

i5 12600k
Z790m asrock
rtx 4070
corsair vengence 6000mhz CL36
Corsair Sf750
980 pro 2tb

So which case would suit me better? is 240mm AIO safe for travel? air cooling should be more resistant to small bumps!? I guess. hehe.

what CPU cooling would you suggest for both cases?

Thx in advance for reply.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Both are good cases, but for travel - aio's are not recommended. They are more heavier than an air cooler and risky due to it's fragility due to water.
When you haul a build around, it has to be
  • SMALL (obviously)
  • LIGHT (no heavy, thick heatsinks on cpu or gpu + no heavy rads)
  • STURDY (small air cooler cushioned to the side panel with a foam fan duct from noctua)
That's an air cooled A4-SFX in a cushioned Tenba 13 BYOB camera bag (google them). You'll absolutely loathe carry around something that's big and heavy, worrying constantly with each bumps of the road and place them down slowly, like it's a bomb. Of course this requires you to be fine with an AXP90-X47 cooler, an Alpenfoln Panorama or maybe a BeQuiet Pure Rock LP. With a slim 92mm noctua fan and their official fan duct. This would involve you ditching your hot 12600k and getting a 12-13400 as they ran much more cooler and reliable in this case. Good choice on the mobo though, that's a wonderful pick with their dual M.2 front slots and actually mature looks compared to... every other agressively overbranded boards.

Reactions: Facteur and Frenzy

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Agree with Nightshift. I got the A4 with Tenba 13 BYOB and travelled international with it.
The Tenba fits nicely in the bottom of my trolley case and could just take it on the plane.
Its air cooled obvioulsy. No questions really from security other than interest.

Investigating before, I do believe AIO sometimes raise questions how much volume liquid it contains. So thats a drawback other than already mentioned.

danno

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 20, 2020
Both are good cases, but for travel - aio's are not recommended. They are more heavier than an air cooler and risky due to it's fragility due to water.
When you haul a build around, it has to be
  • SMALL (obviously)
  • LIGHT (no heavy, thick heatsinks on cpu or gpu + no heavy rads)
  • STURDY (small air cooler cushioned to the side panel with a foam fan duct from noctua)
That's an air cooled A4-SFX in a cushioned Tenba 13 BYOB camera bag (google them). You'll absolutely loathe carry around something that's big and heavy, worrying constantly with each bumps of the road and place them down slowly, like it's a bomb. Of course this requires you to be fine with an AXP90-X47 cooler, an Alpenfoln Panorama or maybe a BeQuiet Pure Rock LP. With a slim 92mm noctua fan and their official fan duct. This would involve you ditching your hot 12600k and getting a 12-13400 as they ran much more cooler and reliable in this case. Good choice on the mobo though, that's a wonderful pick with their dual M.2 front slots and actually mature looks compared to... every other agressively overbranded boards.
How is the Panorama 2 in terms of cooling compared to the Blackridge and AXP90-X47?
Looking to move on from the Blackridge to get better RAM clearance.

I've seen some say the Panorama 2 is the best although it is only rated for 95 TDP while the AXP90-X47 is rated for 135 TDP

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
How is the Panorama 2 in terms of cooling compared to the Blackridge and AXP90-X47?
Looking to move on from the Blackridge to get better RAM clearance.

I've seen some say the Panorama 2 is the best although it is only rated for 95 TDP while the AXP90-X47 is rated for 135 TDP
I had the Full Copper X47 on a 3300x and there was barely any measurable differerence between that and my L9a + duct which I reverted back to because of this. Just to have the fan further from the panels, having less weight on the mobo with a much better mounting and backplate (...this was still on AM4) and the fact that the copper fins were much scarce and somehow very soft and easily bendable.