Please help a newbie with his first build Ncase v6 :)

caracarlos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 24, 2019
Hi everyone!
First sorry for my english.

I'm a newbie planning first sff build with Ncase M1 v6.
The build would be for some regular gaming at 1440 ( for example witcher 3 or similar games,no hardcore Gaming) and for code development inside many virtual machines.
I prefer a build:
- quiet
- cool
- future proof
- air cooling
- good value performance with many cores (no manual overclocking)

I have a flex budget, but i'll prefer not to exceed 2-2,5k €

i read a lot of thread here and there, and i make this draft build:
https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/CtFWV6

So i have some doubts and i'll be so gratefull with you can help:

- I've read some threads about fitting Noctua NH-C14S and in v5 model if want to use an 120mm in low profile mode you must place sfx psu in ATX layout with an M1 included adapter. 140 mm doesn`t fit. In v6 i've read that: Eliminated ATX PSU bracket. ¿How could i mount NH-C14S in v6 model? ¿can be with 140mm NF-A14 included? ¿intake or exhaust to vented panel?
- ¿Maybe other CPU coolers that performs better in v6?

-- If the Noctua NH-C14S fitting could be possible, ¿it makes sense to add a slim fan on top? ¿ and another 120x25 fan on the side bracket towards the front as intake?

- i prefer no chipset fans but i want a future-proof mobo for ryzen 3700x (i guess main concern is good VRMs) , ¿Asus ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING or B450I Gaming Plus AC? ¿maybe others?

- 32 Gb is a must for my development task (and the max. you can put in these mobos, 2 x DIMMs dual channel). I'ver read that for ryzen best value & compatibilty for x470/b450 is Bdie chips 3200 CL14 (Trident Z /Flare X). But for 32Gb there no sticks like: only 2933 CL14 or 3200 CL16. ¿Suggestions?

- Height RAM sticks Flare X 40 mm and Trident Z 44 mm. ¿With NH-C14S are there aby ram clearance issues? Noctua's FAQ said max 38 mm but i see some builds with Trident Z RGB that confirm it fits..

- ¿GPU Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC would fit? .. If answer i s yes, ¿is a good idea for temp and noise to keep its shroud fans and add 2 intake slim 120mm fans at bottom? I assume thick 25mm fans doesnt fit..

I know there are many doubt, but the more read the more doubt.. lol

Thanks in advance for your support!!!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
If you want to use the NH-C14S, I recommend Corsair Vengeance LPX to best fit a full size 140mm fan in low-profile mode. You won't be able to fit a 120x25 on the side bracket, but you could try to fit two 120x15 fans instead on the side bracket.

You may be better off with a rear 92mm fan, instead of a slim 120mm on top.

Are there 2070 Super that are two slots you can get? 120x25 fans on the bottom will work and sound better than 120x15 fans.

Maz

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
- I've read some threads about fitting Noctua NH-C14S and in v5 model if want to use an 120mm in low profile mode you must place sfx psu in ATX layout with an M1 included adapter. 140 mm doesn`t fit. In v6 i've read that: Eliminated ATX PSU bracket. ¿How could i mount NH-C14S in v6 model? ¿can be with 140mm NF-A14 included? ¿intake or exhaust to vented panel?
- ¿Maybe other CPU coolers that performs better in v6?

Consider also the NH-U9S, with an extra 92 mm fan on the back. Easier to find, much easier to fit (can use SFX PSU in standard position), and only slightly different in performance. This will block a side fan in the rear position, but you can still fit one on the front position.

The PSU intake is on the side and exhaust is out the top.

rfarmer

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jul 7, 2017
In version 6 you can move the SFX PSU to the front position without the need of the ATX mounting bracket and use the 140mm fan with the NH-C14S.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Most of the components that you selected should work out fine. :) Anything else specific to SFF, or the M1 v6 you want to know more about?

caracarlos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 24, 2019
Thank you for your answers!
One last question about NH-C14S, fan in low profile mode must be exhaust or intake?