Other Piezo Switches

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Hey there! I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the piezo switches as an ON/OFF button for pc.

And what needs to be done for it to work as it.

I simply ask this because I really like the design, its very minimalist

Thanks!

TinyAudio

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 9, 2017
Ooh, that is a nice one! The ones I have seen have had a larger bezel, some with LED.

Would be good in black.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That depends on your specific switch. Most of these already have the necessary circuitry inside so they just act like a regular switch would. Do you have a model number for this particular one?

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Ooh, that is a nice one! The ones I have seen have had a larger bezel, some with LED.

Would be good in black.

I want either in black or green, and they indeed look great!

That depends on your specific switch. Most of these already have the necessary circuitry inside so they just act like a regular switch would. Do you have a model number for this particular one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...m-PS165Z10YBK1-Rohs-CE/737142_1597092388.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...m-PS161P10YRD1-Rohs-CE/737142_1576523918.html

Those were the 2 models that I saw...

I know its from ali, but I couldnt for the life of me find in the 2 days at most of the electric shops here in São Paulo, nor in any other states online, its impossible to find those switches and to import one from the US at the cost of 40 dollars the button and 40 dollars the delivery, I'm not inclined to do so.

the switch needs only to be momentary right? it doesnt need to be latching correct?

And seriously thanks for the help!

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
the switch needs only to be momentary right? it doesnt need to be latching correct?

That is indeed correct.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...m-PS165Z10YBK1-Rohs-CE/737142_1597092388.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...m-PS161P10YRD1-Rohs-CE/737142_1576523918.html

Those were the 2 models that I saw...

I know its from ali, but I couldnt for the life of me find in the 2 days at most of the electric shops here in São Paulo, nor in any other states online, its impossible to find those switches and to import one from the US at the cost of 40 dollars the button and 40 dollars the delivery, I'm not inclined to do so.

Those should both work. You can see the the switches are Normally Open, so they only close when you touch them.

One issue I'm seeing, though, is that you won't be able to "choke off" your PC. Touching the button will only connect the two contacts for a short while, which is enough for the mainboard to register the button press, but probably not enough to hold the connection for a few seconds if your PC hangs.

If you can live with that limitation, those two buttons should work just like you intend them to.

Reactions: Lone

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
That is indeed correct.

Those should both work. You can see the the switches are Normally Open, so they only close when you touch them.

One issue I'm seeing, though, is that you won't be able to "choke off" your PC. Touching the button will only connect the two contacts for a short while, which is enough for the mainboard to register the button press, but probably not enough to hold the connection for a few seconds if your PC hangs.

If you can live with that limitation, those two buttons should work just like you intend them to.

Thankkkkkkksssssssss!

I was thinking I would need a relay or something like a resistor for it to work! Thats much easier!

Again thank you very much!

Fireside

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2017
Not really much to add, but wanted to say thank you for posting this. Now I finally know what the heck these are called and why people seem to like them so much!