Motherboard PCIe raisers 3.0 and 570 chipset motherboards

laiv

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Hii there.

I have looking for cases during the last week and I did realise that some cases layouts moves the GPU so that a PCIe riser is needed. Most of the cases I have read about come with one rises for PCIe 3 x16.

The build I'm planning is an AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5 or 7) and a 570 ITX motherboard. These mobos are PCIe 4 ready. I think Asus is only compatible with 4 and Gigabte is both 3 and 4 compatible. The thing is if I go for a PCIe 4 GPU. Should I upgrade the PCIe riser too? The most likely GPU is the Radeon 3600. If I finally go for NVIDIA 1660/2060 I guess there's no problem since both are PCI 3 (I think) and then the mobo must be Gigabyte. However, I don't like limiting my build because the GPU. I prefer invest on the mobo and the cpu first.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hii there.

I have looking for cases during the last week and I did realise that some cases layouts moves the GPU so that a PCIe riser is needed. Most of the cases I have read about come with one rises for PCIe 3 x16.

I'm build I'm planning is an AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5 or 7) and a 570 ITX motherboard. These mobos are PCIe 4 ready. I think Asus is only compatible with 4 and Gigabte is both 3 and 4 compatible. The thing is if I go for a PCIe 4 GPU. Should I upgrade the PCIe riser too? The most likely GPU is the Radeon 3600. If I finally go for NVIDIA 1660/2060 I guess there's no problem since both are PCI 3 (I think) and then the mobo must be Gigabyte. However, I don't like limiting my build because the GPU. I prefer invest on the mobo and the cpu first.
Asus did a BIOS update that now allows you to set PCI speed at 3.0.

Reactions: fabio and laiv