PCIe Bifurcation Motherboards?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
True, but there doesn't appear to be a version of it with the slots coming out the other direction.

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Jul 9, 2016
thanks a lot!
I have received lot of help in pm's.
finally I will get mine through Aibohphobia.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Asrock X370 ITX/ac support PCIe bifurcation and with a little bit of tweaking you can also get SLI to run :)
No artefacts, no funny business :)

Mind you this was no apples to apples comparison as I only have 7700k benchmarks to compare against... and I can't be bothered to set this up on an ATX X370 board ... but the performance diff is consistent.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Asrock X370 ITX/ac support PCIe bifurcation and with a little bit of tweaking you can also get SLI to run :)
No artefacts, no funny business :)

Mind you this was no apples to apples comparison as I only have 7700k benchmarks to compare against... and I can't be bothered to set this up on an ATX X370 board ... but the performance diff is consistent.

Are you planning to either detail the tweak or release it?

the_kingdom

What's an ITX?
Dec 12, 2017
Hey guys, sorry to slightly highjack the thread here, although may be nice to revive it, as this is an interesting area for SFF guys.

So I did a build:
CASE: Corsair Crystal 460x
MOBO: mITX motherboard(GA Z170N Gaming 5).
GPU: GA GTX 1070 FTW

I started getting into smaller scale mining and realized a ran into a problem when I thought I could SLI another GPU on this mobo.. clearly I was wrong.

Is there a way to run a PCIe Bifurication//Splitter//Riser to allow connecting another EVGA GTX 1070 FTW?
Motherboard Native Graphics interface is PCIe 3.0 x16

Help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

meganie

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 10, 2023
Yes, I believe it does need a firmware update, the second latest 2.30: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
I do have the customized 2.50 available to enable Bifurcation if you ever get around to it.

CPU BIOS compatibility list: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/?cat=CPU
Hello, could you send me the BIOS if you still have it? I would like to give my old board a second life with a bifurcation adapter and some NVMe storage. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Phuncz