Discussion ASUS PRIME H510T2 CSM

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
No manual is posted, I ordered through Parcel Up the old Taobao Focus which is all in English. On its way.
H510 chipset does not support PCIE 4.0 off M.2 I believe so this is just a 10th and 11th gen board.
Thin ITX T2 boards have a 4 pin 19 v CPU Molex on the board so you do not have to use a brick. Asus
H410T and H510T both have a DisplayPort option. Asrock has nice Graphic GUI mouse control Bios
screen, vs Asus who is still using infantile arrow bios nav. in UEFI. I think Asrock's M.2 is faster than Asus and further,
their 2280 slot does not lay directly over the board's northbridge like a barbecue/smoker like Asus's DESIGN. Asus is probably a Pegatron board anyway they only design their boards, no in-house.
Restricted Ram speeds with 10th gen. Arock only has HDMI. The 4 pin powered boards (using HDplex 200 or 400w to 19v to power) all have one comport
which is a waste of space. The T Asus 410 boards do not have the comport. They also have a 2 pin Molex power delivery to CPU as did their H310T boards. the 90w bricks are the lowest listed in the Asrock manual. Asrock does not make a 400 or 500 chipset thin board with a 2 pin delivery.
You cannot use a brick and an ac/dc 19v PS together, it is one, or the other.
You can use 2pin Molex power delivery in the first 2 pins and the 4 pin boards will run, but they could be unstable at the high CPU end without the other 19v delivery wire and ground.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/PRIME H510T2CSM/HelpDesk/

Last edited:

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
Where is the advantage compared to an Asrock H470M-STX? Does it have WiFi M.2 CNVIo support?

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
Support for an 11 gen processor, most all of these new thin itx boards have CNVIo support, which is an Intel-only Wi-fi feature. Although I have not tested it yet. 500 series chipsets are supposed to have Gen 4 support but I am sure the 510 chipset does not, as it is a PCIE voltage issue sharing of bus bandwidth, and Thin ITX boards, using a 19V delivery, will never be able to go above Gen 3 M.2. The Asus 410 boards do not have a full GUI Bios, this one does. There is no comparison against a MATX board against a thin ITX board & you can't fit a MATX board in a real SFF case, and FURTHER you cannot compare the feature set of a MATX board to an ITX or a Thin ITX board. The 410t boards only support 10th gen no 11 even with a bios update. HDMI 2.0 with 11th gen vs 1.4 with 10th gen. A better comparison would be an Asrock H510M-ITX/ac.

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
I was asking (and talking about Mini-STX, not Mini-ATX) because "thin" boards actually already exist that are more capable than that H510 thin mini ITX above:

The H470 chipset supports Gen 11 CPUs, WiFi M.2 CNVIo (H410 doesn't do both), the Asrock DeskMini H470M-STX mainboard does Gen 4 x4 NVMe with 19V (slot on the underside), 2x DisplayPort 1.4 and one HDMI 1.4 and is even smaller than a thin mini ITX. The original DeskMini case is insufficient though.

Here you see a Asrock H470M-STX, with Core I5-11500, Intel AX201 M.2 WiFi6, using a Akasa Cypher ST case and a 19V 180W external brick through the rear barrel connector; The Gen 4 x 4 slot on the underside is currently unused. See temps after some short stress test at the end:

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
did you pull this out of deskmini as this is not even available off Taobao?

Quango

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 6, 2019
did you pull this out of deskmini as this is not even available off Taobao?
Of course. I used it for a few weeks in its original Deskmini case, where the hexacore 11500 was configured as a quadcore, but even then the Noctua L9i struggled with the heat. But what what you see in the pictures was my plan all along since it became clear at the end of last year that the H470M-STX will be Rocket Lake compatible (first hint was the then undocumented rear M.2 slot which only works with Gen 11 CPUs).

EDIT: the real shame is though, that there are no H470 thin mini ITX boards. Maximum are B460 ones and those are not Rocket Lake compatible.

Last edited: