PCI-E Bifurcation

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
I have this board too. Do you have any pics of your set up?
Not at the moment. I'm moving from a sub 9L case to a ~20L case. Picked up a Lian-Li PC-05s the other day for really cheap so I'm rebuilding in that just for the wall-mount potential. Plus, small open loop builds are a pain in the ass so I'm moving to air.

Tobiman

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2019
Can anyone confirm if the Gigabyte B450I pro Wifi ITX board support bifurcation? And, if not, which other AM4 Itx boards support it? Thx!

Tobiman

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2019
For anyone wondering, I plan on using a gpu and sound card with the bifurcated pcie extension. I also plan to run a 3700X, so if anyone has a similar project, I'd greatly appreciate a few tips and pointers.

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
The Asrock x370 and x470 support it in x8/x8
The new Gigabyte x570 supports x4/x4/x4/x4 and x8/x8
Asus refuses to support bifurcation on their ITX boards.

The B chipsets don't support bifurcation from what I understand.

That's just what I remember off the top of my head.

Tobiman

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 16, 2019

Thanks for the heads up.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017

Dang, 4x4x4x4x is crazy. Now I want to see 4 way crossfire on itx ;D
pcie gen4 means it probably wouldn't even bottleneck .

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019

C_Payne makes a riser for it. Before x570 the only board(s) I knew of that supported it was Asrock's x99/x299.

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018

I think you'll likely x4x4x4x4 for certain devices like the Asus Hyper M.2 (4 m.2 slots on a pci card)rather than 4 way sli. At that point the question would be why do they have room for 4 graphics cards but not an ATX board?

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
I was just curious if anyone but gigabyte had. I know with their m.2 raid card they need bifurcation to make it work.

Asrock supports 8x/8x
Gigabyte supports 8x/8x and 4x/4x/4x/4x
Asus seems to refuse to acknowledge that bifurcation exists outside of their M.2 expansion card on their X299/X399 platforms.
Msi hasn't launched a X chipset itx board that I know of, so they haven't historically supported it either.

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
Asrock supports 8x/8x
Gigabyte supports 8x/8x and 4x/4x/4x/4x
Asus seems to refuse to acknowledge that bifurcation exists outside of their M.2 expansion card on their X299/X399 platforms.
Msi hasn't launched a X chipset itx board that I know of, so they haven't historically supported it either.

Yup, Asus is funny like that. When I originally started trying to get a modified bios for the x99e-ITXa/c it was because I realized that bifurcation is what made their Hyper M.2 Raid Card work. I messaged them after I had figured it out and had it up and working, basically letting them know that they could expand their comparability list on their website for the card. Never happened lol. I think they have a few other boards that support it too but you'll be hard pressed to find any mention of it before you buy the mobo and boot into the bios itself

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
I have a Gigabyte X399 Designare EX board, and as of F10 bios (not the latest I admit) i only have 4x4x4x4 options. Guessing this is in reference to non x399 boards?

Sorry we were talking about in the context of x570 itx boards. See the post I quoted.

Prodeous

Case Bender
Aug 7, 2019
Sorry we were talking about in the context of x570 itx boards. See the post I quoted.

Thanks... been chasing this topic on other forums, as it is vary rare its hard to find anythign concrete.

And still looking for a good bifurcation card.

Anywho, thanks for clearing up my missunderstanding.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have a question about bifurcation. I'm very new at this....

I'm in my way of building a new system for cad sketch up and Photoshop working, normally I render with vray, and I've been thinking about the best possible way to spend my money in order to have low render times.

After seeing that there's no difference at all in render time between Nvidia 2060 2070 and 2080 super.... And also that two 2060 super gives me better performance that a 2080 ti or even a Titan... I've come to the conclusion that the wiser thing is to buy a couple of 2060 supers with the bifurcation thing.

The question is: for those times that I play with my PC (not that often) will I be able to use that extra power or will I be playing as if I had a single 2060 super? Will I be force to use an sli bridge if I want them to work together while playing?

Thank you in advance.