Discussion Lead time for ModDIY orders

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long they’ve waited to get items from ModDIY.

I ordered a low profile 8 Pin PCI-E extension on the 25th, and the status is still “Packing”

Is this normal?

MuffinCrumbs

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2019
Well, a lot has changed because of COVID-19.

But usually ModDIY's standard shipping takes some time, especially if it is something they have to make.

I've experienced that usually they don't really have things in stock, even if they say they do. If it is an order that requires them to make the product, such as a PSU cable, they can take some time.

Reactions: AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thanks. I just figured that with everything I ordered (which was only 4 items) showing as “In stock”, that I would have a tracking number my now.

If they’re making the cable up, then that could explain the delay. Also, I don’t have much option but to wait, as I couldn’t find a suitable cable anywhere else.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
HK Post states that it takes about 3-4 weeks to send by surface mail from HK to US. This is by a freight ship, literally.
Air mailing is suspended due to COVID-19. When the ship reaches the US shore, then I suppose it depends on how efficient the US postal system is, in reaching your home.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Looks like I may be waiting a while for my order.

I just got an email from ModDIY support saying that they can't ship out my order due to COVID-19 postal restrictions.

Here's the Hong Kong Post restriction list if anyone needs to check if their country is affected:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I ordered some USB 3.0 flexible cable headers in the past from ModDIY.

Process & time were generally in-line with any other HK-China based online stores.

But then again I believe it was a ready-stock item, and not during a pandemic situation like what we are in now.

Tonkatsu

Average Stuffer
Jul 18, 2020
I've placed an order with them Jul 29 and it hasn't left China yet AFAIK, but that's typical and expected to be slower than usual with COVID.

Also have an ID Cooling ordered on Ali which I'm prepared to not have news of until maybe the end of Aug or Sep. Tracking doesn't seem to work well.

Previously had another product ordered in February from a HK store...arrive end of June. ?

When I order stuff directly from China I typically forget about ETAs and check tracking only once every week or two.
Never had a lost package.

Snookaloo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2020
My last purchase from them was June 19th. It was posted on July 3rd.

Still waiting for it to arrive "/

Welp, still waiting for my order.

Despite my order showing as having been posted via Air Mail on their own website, and NO postal warning re Covid delays at time of purchase, ModDiy insist it was sent via Sea Mail and could be up to 2 months in transit.

Asked them to cancel the order and they just reiterated it may be delayed.

Not particularly impressed with their customer service to date :/

• Sad

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Welp, still waiting for my order.

Despite my order showing as having been posted via Air Mail on their own website, and NO postal warning re Covid delays at time of purchase, ModDiy insist it was sent via Sea Mail and could be up to 2 months in transit.

Asked them to cancel the order and they just reiterated it may be delayed.

Not particularly impressed with their customer service to date :/

I suggest to wait a bit longer.. Last time I ordered during Covid 19 (from AliExpress tho), it also took almost 3 months. And I am in SEA.

• Wow
Reactions: Snookaloo

Snookaloo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2020
I suggest to wait a bit longer.. Last time I ordered during Covid 19 (from AliExpress tho), it also took almost 3 months. And I am in SEA.
South East Asia?

Nouvolo managed to get my case shipped the week before and arrived in 2 weeks. I dont see why some ATX pins should take over 2 months.... Not like i have a choice anyway, they have gone radio silent now "/

Snookaloo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2020
So, still waiting.....

The tracking link has now 'expired' apparently.

PayPal resolution center keeps extending the expected decision date by 3 days a time.