Selling Parting out my small form build

• Thread starter Deleted member 6212
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD EDIT: Buyer beware. See this post.

I am parting out my build as I am moving overseas and a laptop will better suite me.....if Dell ever delivers it....

Anywho, lets start! Pictures below.

Nvidia Quadro P600 GPU Comes with the 4 DisplayPort adapters and second back plate thingy - $130
Logic Supply Compact Mini-ITX Case with Expansion (Black) MC600 - $75
HDPLEX 300W AC-DC and HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX - $125
24" generic monitor, comes with HDMI and VGA cable - $70
Cable Matters 24-Pin ATX Power Supply M/F Extension Cable - 12 Inches (the cable, not me) - $5
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional License 64-bit, with CDs and serial number - $75
PCI-E Express X16 Riser Extend Card, with 5CM High Speed Flex Cable - $10
Evercool 75x75x30mm Double Ball Bearing Blower Fan EC7530H12BA-B - $10
Kingwin USB 3.0 Dual Port PCI Bracket Cable with Built-In-20-Pin Head - $5
4-pin fan controller Fan Hub Fan Speed Controller Regulator - $5
USB computer, audio speakers with volume control - $5
Logitech HD webcam C270 - $5

I do NOT accept Paypal or Venmo. I ONLY accept United States Post Office Money Orders. I'll take gold... You pay shipping. My zip code is 49423. Please don't ask me what shipping will cost, look it up yourself. If you need a weight I can can weight something for you if you ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
As per this rules thread
Always use PayPal or another payment service that provides anti-fraud, transaction dispute, or other such forms of recourse.

EDIT: Whilst were on the subject, using Venmo to buy / sell goods is explicitly against their ToS. They will not support you if you get ripped off, check youtube, its full of people having a sad because of this.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
As above, buyer beware. We recommend using payment services which have recourse if something negative happens, and to comply with the ToS of the services used.

This thread raises quite a few red flags in my eyes, and I will be keeping an eye on it.

D

Deleted member 6212

Original poster
I was interested right up until you wanted money orders.

I don't have paypal so I don't know what you want me to do?....I have Circle....I don't take personal check as, well, seller beware....Otherwise move along as I won't get Paypal.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
don't have paypal so I don't know what you want me to do?
Demanding people send you money orders is not a solution to being unwilling to use paypal. its downright unreasonable to expect a buyer to shoulder that amount of risk because you are unwilling to shoulder the risk of using PayPal as a seller.

EDIT: typos

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Not sure permitting money orders is a good policy for these boards. I vote for removal of this thread and an amendment to buy/sell/trade policies in light of this post. Sorry to the seller, but this seems super shady

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
The deal looks a bit shady, but if you want to actually sell something, you would need to standardize your self with the industry and modern paying services that protect the customers(aka the buyers) and allows for normal and easy payment.

After all, creating a PayPal account will help you too in paying for stuff and show that you are willing to help ease the process of buying!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Ok. We have discussed this internally and have decided that money orders and other similar payment methods are not acceptable, as they offer no protections for either party. I quote, from our updated BST rules:

"Always pay with digital payments via services that offer buyer and seller protection when shipping your item, and nothing else. Examples of payment methods that SFFn prohibits include money orders, postal orders, wire transfers, bank transfers, and P2P payment services and apps."

@newsff, Please update your post ASAP to remove any disallowed payment methods and add an approved payment type. The above rule change applies retroactively.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6212

Original poster
Demanding people send you money orders is not a solution to being unwilling to use paypal. its downright unreasonable to expect a buyer to shoulder that amount of risk because you are unwilling to shoulder the risk of using PayPal as a seller.

EDIT: typos

I have been using it fine for years on gun forums, maybe they are a more trustworthy crowd....... Defiantly a fine solution. Maybe not for this board......

D

Deleted member 6212

Original poster
Ok. We have discussed this internally and have decided that money orders and other similar payment methods are not acceptable, as they offer no protections for either party. I quote, from our updated BST rules:

"Always pay with digital payments via services that offer buyer and seller protection when shipping your item, and nothing else. Examples of payment methods that SFFn prohibits include money orders, postal orders, wire transfers, bank transfers, and P2P payment services and apps."

@newsff, Please update your post ASAP to remove any disallowed payment methods and add an approved payment type. The above rule change applies retroactively.

Remember we talked about this? I can't make edits......

When I can make edits then I will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.