Image Credit – Optimum Tech

Ali of Optimum Tech, seen above in daylight finally dispelling the myth that he was a vampire, has used his 3D printing skills to make custom fan ducts or baffles with excellent results.
Air baffles (fan ducts) used to be more commonplace. OEMs such as Dell and Compaq would often use them to guide airflow over components instead of using direct fans, and many older cases used baffles to allow cold air to directly contact a specific component. However, the use of baffles has all but disappeared in the last decade. Ali has resurrected the the practice by designing, printing, and installing custom fan ducts to the CPU and GPU in his NZXT H5 case.
While absolutely not a SFF case, the proof of concept shows that there is...

Continue reading...

b3rdm4n

Cable Smoosher
Feb 21, 2023
I am a massive fan of ducting, I've created a minor amount of duct to my A2000 (check my build log) to the bottom of it's case, and I 3d printed ducts to successfully de-shroud my RTX3080. Without the ducts the fans could not sit flush with the heatsink and the whole idea was unsuccessful (heat increases till thermal throttle), with the ducts it's cool and quiet.

This builds aesthetics are on a whole other level.

Clientele Services

Caliper Novice
Oct 12, 2022
In larger volume cases. Ducting makes perfect sense. I am into CAD/3D and have considered options like this in the past. This works great for air-flowing cases. My question for everyone - do the same rules apply to complete water-cooled machines? Right now, I will have a complete deep rad at the top of the case, but do I duct the air from the front of the case to the top radiator?