Log Opinion on my Velka 3 Build

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Sure, here's one. On the top right of the PSU I have one screw and bolt holding it in place. I have the sides covered with magnetic mesh (that's why there are magnets) normally. Would like an adapter plate for an HDPLEX on the Velka 3, but since I can't see the back on my setup it doesn't bother me right now.
That's actually seems kinda nice. Btw, how's that 4060 Solo doing regarding temps and noise?

CeleryGod

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
That's actually seems kinda nice. Btw, how's that 4060 Solo doing regarding temps and noise?
The 4060 is great. Maxes out around 72°c when gaming, and around 110w, sometimes a bit lower depending on game. Fan isn't bad at all, but I do use afterburner to set idle fan at 30%, which it's only audible if your ear is close by. The card isn't super powerful, but at 110w I'm extremely impressed.

Reactions: hk3212 and rfarmer

hk3212

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2023
The 4060 is great. Maxes out around 72°c when gaming, and around 110w, sometimes a bit lower depending on game. Fan isn't bad at all, but I do use afterburner to set idle fan at 30%, which it's only audible if your ear is close by. The card isn't super powerful, but at 110w I'm extremely impressed.
This is great to know! Are there any case fans in your build?

I bought all the parts for my planned k39 build (4060 + 7600). https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/hk3212/saved/Xf2JwP
Bit worried about fitting the IS-55 cooler with the mobo and case, but have found examples of people using IS-55 in the k39 v3.

CeleryGod

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 8, 2023
This is great to know! Are there any case fans in your build?

I bought all the parts for my planned k39 build (4060 + 7600). https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/hk3212/saved/Xf2JwP
Bit worried about fitting the IS-55 cooler with the mobo and case, but have found examples of people using IS-55 in the k39 v3.
No case fans, I'm honestly not even sure where I'd fit them. The turbulence of the Noctua l9a against the case panel did bother me, so I just run without that side attached, and have magnetic mesh that I take off when needed. Looks fairly good, like it's supposed to be there in the first place. I do wish the grid pattern was changed on the Velka to cut down on turbulence.