N1 BUILD
Case: Velka 3
CPU: Ryzen 7600
GPU: Zotac RTX 4060 Solo
MB: ASRock A620I
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM5
PSU: ENP-7660B-VK 600W Flex ATX PSU

My "problem" with this build is the PSU. I don't know if it's silent, I alway used my CF 750 in SFF cases but now I need to move to FLEX PSU. And the warranty 1 year is also very short (Corsair has 10 years). I can buy SilverStone SST-FX600-PT 600W instead with 3 years warranty but don't know about the noise aswell.

N2 BUILD
Case: Lazer3D HT5
CPU: Ryzen 7600
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4060 LP
MB: ASRock A620I
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L12S
PSU: HDPLEX 250W GaN Passive AIO

Like in the build before I am aware of the PSU (1 year warranty). What am I afraid of? Just I never used Flex PSU and don't know if they are as "safe" as the SF's from Corsair etc. I am pretty scared that one day I see flames from my PSU (I know little much worried but anyway).

I want to have silent build (both CPU and GPU will be undervolted for better power consumption). I think N2 build will be quieter but not sure about the 250W PSU. The first one promise me better PSU but I heard that this Flex PSU with fan is not as quiet.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English, not native.

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
For me the ENP 7660B from Velkase is quiet, I cannot hear it over the the NH-L9 cooling my 12400.

Reactions: rfarmer

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2019
For me the ENP 7660B from Velkase is quiet, I cannot hear it over the the NH-L9 cooling my 12400.
This could be true, but @Anadelaray would still be disappointed... :/ noise is subjective.

The HT5 would be more quiet and not require a riser cable, but before this one 4060 LP model owners of GTX 1050Ti’s and GTX 1650’s didn’t get anything for a very long time. LP is very niche and doesn't offer any real size advantage. Just: no riser and 70mm heatsinks, which might not even matter when you need to stay within 250W total with a 4060.

There was a review where the LP was quieter than the Solo, BUT the Solo was inside a Velka 3 v3 and had definitely some turbulence with the side panel! I guesstimate the Solo to have the better heatsink… and even if the Zotac fans are not the best it has better fan options for a deshroud (A9x14).

If you are somewhere within the EU you could take a look at my case project ("k3.93L"):
  • smaller than both (3.93L)
  • 45mm cpu clearance
  • 2.5 slot full height cards (<180mm)
  • 250W GaN support
expands (5.12L) to fit a second 250W GaN, one 500W GaN or one of each for 750W. It then also fits 2.5 slot full height cards <234mm like the 4070 Twin Edge... further expansions can always be made.

Also acts as a monitor stand for a clean small footprint setup with short cable runs ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SFFMunkee

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Like K0n said, noise is subjective... if you worry about noise a lot, neither of these builds are a great option:

- Velka 3 style cases is always a bit of a "turbulence lottery". With both CPU and GPU fan being so close to the side panel.
- HT5 style layout will give you a quiet CPU for sure, but the LP GPU is NOT quiet. At least it won't be quieter than a 600W Flex PSU running at 30% load. (I suspect full system load with a 4060 and 7600 to stay below 200W at all times with some undervolting)

Keep in mind, nothing stops you from putting the 250W HDPlex in the bottom of the Velka either...