One of the smallest Gaming PC. GTX 1050TI+G4600+SFX MB

Harutips

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018

In this Video I show in detail how to Build a Mini Gaming PC of only 6 inch (2.79L), in the smallest possible way, with the smallest hardware components. The motherboard is an STX format, and the video card is a GTX 1050TI 4GB, the processor is an Intel 4600T (great value for money) and the case I even made using aluminum angles.

If you want to view my video

MOD EDIT: Changed thread title to lower case. ALL CAPS thread titles are irritating as hell!

Last edited by a moderator:

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
Hey, @Harutips, outstanding job. Well assembled and very energy efficient build!

Just one question: where did you get the parts for your build? I'm from Brazil too and it's always a struggle to find any "SFF friendly" retailer here around.

Harutips

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
Hey, @Harutips, outstanding job. Well assembled and very energy efficient build!

Just one question: where did you get the parts for your build? I'm from Brazil too and it's always a struggle to find any "SFF friendly" retailer here around.
Hellow!, Friend! Thank you! It's very difficult to get here in Brazil. Some pieces I imported from china, it took months to mount. Due to the delay to arrive. The case itself had to be built because nothing like it is found here. The motherboard I bought at Kabum store but are no longer selling.

Harutips

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
Nice! :thumb:

I have been working on a case similar to this that uses a itx board.
I'm thinking of making another one also more powerful with an ITX board too, with a Intel I5 7600, a Zotac GTX 1070TI mini, but the power supply I would use an SFX, it would not look too small, but you could already carry it in a backpack

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
I was trying to follow along in the video but I couldn't tell, the M.2 slot is only 10W I believe, what did you use as a power source for the riser? Also, I've heard that nvidia cards are buggy when it comes to cards connected via the M.2 slot (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=error+43+nvidia), did you have any troubles?

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
I like the case design you went with. Cheap and effective.

While I can't understand the language, I subbed to your channel in case you do make the mITX version. I love seeing build vlogs / timelapses, gives a better understanding then a few photos like in most build logs of how the components are going together and your thought process.

Harutips

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
I was trying to follow along in the video but I couldn't tell, the M.2 slot is only 10W I believe, what did you use as a power source for the riser? Also, I've heard that nvidia cards are buggy when it comes to cards connected via the M.2 slot (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=error+43+nvidia), did you have any troubles?
Hi, the m2 to pcie 4x adapter is powered by a 4pin power. The riser extender did not need more energy. i didn't had troubles.

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
Ok I see. So you connect the 4 pin floppy connector to the M.2 Adapter. On the other end of the 4 pin connector is a large 4 pin power connector. Then you connect the SATA power connector to the board, and then a SATA power to 4 pin power adapter to connect the loop? That means you are pulling 75W + hard drive watts from the SATA power connector.

I imagine that the SATA power port isn't mean to put out much more than 1 or 2 Amps max. There hasn't been any problems with pulling 75 W from the port?

Harutips

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
Ok I see. So you connect the 4 pin floppy connector to the M.2 Adapter. On the other end of the 4 pin connector is a large 4 pin power connector. Then you connect the SATA power connector to the board, and then a SATA power to 4 pin power adapter to connect the loop? That means you are pulling 75W + hard drive watts from the SATA power connector.

I imagine that the SATA power port isn't mean to put out much more than 1 or 2 Amps max. There hasn't been any problems with pulling 75 W from the port?

That's right you're right. It's well on the edge but I've played with it, and in free time I leave it on for 24 hours mining.
I have not had any problems yet.

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
I want to try this build on an asrock deskmini same specs. any update so far? with the overall build? did you encounter any issues so far? ty