!nverse: A Highly Versatile Steam-Box Design

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
I think getting some review with reach out before the kickstarter is important.
Otherwise a case like this will not get enough exposure unfortunately .

Reactions: esplin2966

esplin2966

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Hey, aren't you the guy who made two prototype switches. What happened with that?

Hey, that project is halted for now. I had to make a choice between that and this project. I had some time during the summer to work on the switch, but not anymore now that school is started again.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hey, that project is halted for now. I had to make a choice between that and this project. I had some time during the summer to work on the switch, but not anymore now that school is started again.
How did you even design those switches, where'd you get the prototypes made?

Last edited:

esplin2966

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Where did you get the specifications for the actual switch, like the stem, and things like that?

I just guess & checked mainly. I have some MX switches so I measured the + stem with a caliper, but every other part of the switch I just sorta picked a dimension that made physical sense and went with it. What I showed at the SoCal meetup was like the 6th switch design I 3D printed.

esplin2966

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Hey everyone, just want to give a quick update.

In the end, the campaign was not successful. That being said, I am encouraged that we were able to raise nearly $19,000 despite making many critical mistakes with the campaign. Having overlapping times with Sentry, giving a short notice for the campaign, and not having a review/article scheduled to coincide with the campaign are definitely something we need to work on.

Here is our plan moving forward:
  1. We are going to take the numbers we have and negotiate a lower MOQ (minimum order quantity) with our manufacturer. This will help us figure out a reasonable lower goal for the next campaign. I will update this thread once we have a resolution.
  2. We would like to learn from our mistakes in order to make the next campaign successful. If you have any suggestions, please let us know! Even simple suggestions can make a big difference.
Regarding the status of the SPCR review, they are still working on it. The progress has been delayed due to poor weather in Vancouver as well as an unfortunate injury with the writer. Once there has been any updates on that front, I will update this thread with the information.

Once again, I want to thank all of you for your support. Definitely let us know if you have any suggestions for us moving forward. We are not done yet!

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
My suggestion would be to hire more hype men. Well. Not really. Just have to prep all the forums you're on for it first, announce a date ahead of time. Hell, you were so quiet here I thought someone was running a fake campaign with your product!

The professional review by SPRC will help, getting as many reviews as possible is clutch. I hope you get it next time, need a steambox with 3.5" HDD support for sure!

Reactions: Kwirek and cmyk78