noctua_chromax_launch_202110_web.jpg

After an anxious wait, Noctua enthusiasts can now get the NF-A12x25 and U12A in black. Noctua announced the fans, heatsink, and accessories are available for immediate order from authorized sellers. Noctua has previously claimed that part of the reasons for the delay was that the Sterrox material needed to be tuned for different dye colors. Interestingly, a recent Noctua road map showed that Noctua is looking at white versions as well. Hopefully, that comes to fruition.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Amazon and Newegg seems to have them readily in stock, and that is great for buyers who have been waiting 'patiently' for years!

Onwards and foward! Now we can start to look forward to Noctua's next generation of the 140mm fan, NH-D15 and the few years for them to make them Chromax/White.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Amazon and Newegg seems to have them readily in stock, and that is great for buyers who have been waiting 'patiently' for years!

Onwards and foward! Now we can start to look forward to Noctua's next generation of the 140mm fan, NH-D15 and the few years for them to make them Chromax/White.
LOL, 'unavailable' here in the USA. Already sold out here.

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
i stumbled on this completely by accident today, after waiting all year for it... i was about to cave and just grab a regular U12 or even a dark rock tf2

it being sold out the same day makes it the craziest bit of luck XD

Reactions: Skripka

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Please excuse my ignorance, but could someone tell me if a black Chromax NF-A12x25 has minimal or noticeable thermal performance over the brown NF-A12x25? Is it just a cosmetic colour change?

BTW, how come I still see it available in Newegg (USA)?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Please excuse my ignorance, but could someone tell me if a black Chromax NF-A12x25 has minimal or noticeable thermal performance over the brown NF-A12x25? Is it just a cosmetic colour change?

Don't think many people have the fans on hand yet to test if there are any difference in performance or noise in realistic environments.

If anything, knowing how Noctua overengineers the crap out of everything they do and thus taking the longest possible time and care as well, making sure that their products will meet their stringent standards. Going by their previous chromax and non-chromax products, they basically perform exactly the same with each other, and I have no reason to doubt that these new chromax products will be any different.

So, should just be cosmetic colour difference. And hopefully we don't get proven wrong about that.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

It should be just cosmetic.