News Noctua AGREES for 92mm CHROMAX fans IF this is done...

found this on the SFFPC reddit! (I hope this is okay to post here since it's kinda big news) C'mon guys! Let's tweet them @Noctua_at and let them know we need a black NF-A9x14 PWM! :D ;)

"Hey guys, just got word from Noctua themselves. If we can get enough people via twitter and petition they'll consider making chromax fans & accessories for us 92mm fan user's.
Petition!
Proof shown in petition.
Come support, it takes a second of your time and helps everyone!
Please tweet & share!
Thanks!"

Here's the direct quote from Noctua:

"An email from Noctua themselves:

https://imgur.com/a/gjtgB

"We're currently taking things cautiously since this is a completely new thing for us. The response so far has been great though.

Thank you for understanding!

PS: whispers secretly If you guys want us to make chromax accessories and fans for 90mm coolers and fans, then make your voice be heard. Create a petition, tweet us etc.
The more suggestions we get for a future product, the more likely it is that we'll make it happen. (This applies to any other company as well.)"

So, let's do this!

Make sure you sign the petition, tweet @Noctua_at & share with friends and family!

All support appreciated!"

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
I'd rather Noctua made ugly but super efficient beige cases than make chromax fans. I have no doubt that @confusis is in agreement with me on this.

My beige Noctua fans will look superb in my beige Noctua case.

At the end of the day Noctua has a level of brand recognition most PC component makers can only dream of. Their color scheme is divisive but everyone knows it. When you look at someones build you instantly know weather or not their using Noctua fans, they stand out. IMO the coffee & cream color scheme makes a hell of alot of sense for Noctua, in much the same way as the Intel Inside sticker. We have Teams red, blue and green because those vendors have chosen to stick to their branding almost religiously. Noctua have made a decision not to commit branding genericide, long live team cream.

The reason why they shouldn't is not the point here, they already have a black Chromax line. Only now they lack an option for smaller and thinner fans beyond 120x25mm, which is a slap in the face for every SFF enthusiast who wants quiet fans that don't make alot of noise without making their build look like utter.. well... Ice cream..?

Reactions: br3nd0

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I think everyone and their mother understands marketing and brand recognition. We all know what Noctua does, and it's fine. But that doesn't mean we can't bitch and moan about it lol.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
But that doesn't mean we can't bitch and moan about it lol.

Which is exactly what I am going to do. ;)

I am also quite tired of Noctuas brown/beige color. While it has its charm, it really doesn't fit in well in a build for us that cares about color schemes or aesthetics.

Their chromax line is so far made up by a selection of older fans. Newer fans like their slim 120mm fan, or their new "sterrox" 120mm fan being released the coming weeks, will not have chromax alternatives as far as I know. We are looking at waiting years for them to be released in black color. Personally, that is just depressing.

Reactions: Ziths

Ziths

Chassis Packer
Mar 19, 2017
Which is exactly what I am going to do. ;)

I am also quite tired of Noctuas brown/beige color. While it has its charm, it really doesn't fit in well in a build for us that cares about color schemes or aesthetics.

Their chromax line is so far made up by a selection of older fans. Newer fans like their slim 120mm fan, or their new "sterrox" 120mm fan being released the coming weeks, will not have chromax alternatives as far as I know. We are looking at waiting years for them to be released in black color. Personally, that is just depressing.

Personally I don't mind their flagship fan models being creamed, that's where all the reviews are focused upon and where they get their brand recognition, jØrd talked about earlier, from.

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Finally, will be interesting to see how they stand up to the competition. Too bad I only use one 120mmx25mm fan at the moment. Although they appear to have also launched a complementary rubber grommet for 140 to 120 conversion.