News Noctua AGREES for 92mm CHROMAX fans IF this is done...

found this on the SFFPC reddit! (I hope this is okay to post here since it's kinda big news) C'mon guys! Let's tweet them @Noctua_at and let them know we need a black NF-A9x14 PWM! :D ;)

"Hey guys, just got word from Noctua themselves. If we can get enough people via twitter and petition they'll consider making chromax fans & accessories for us 92mm fan user's.
Petition!
Proof shown in petition.
Come support, it takes a second of your time and helps everyone!
Please tweet & share!
Thanks!"

Here's the direct quote from Noctua:

"An email from Noctua themselves:

https://imgur.com/a/gjtgB

"We're currently taking things cautiously since this is a completely new thing for us. The response so far has been great though.

Thank you for understanding!

PS: whispers secretly If you guys want us to make chromax accessories and fans for 90mm coolers and fans, then make your voice be heard. Create a petition, tweet us etc.
The more suggestions we get for a future product, the more likely it is that we'll make it happen. (This applies to any other company as well.)"

So, let's do this!

Make sure you sign the petition, tweet @Noctua_at & share with friends and family!

All support appreciated!"

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Signed it, I already like the redux colors a tad more than the standard ones and the option(s) for different colors would be even better. Even if it is niche thing to be picky about fan colors. :p

Reactions: AleksandarK

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think we should crowdfund our own non-ugly fan. Anyone interested or have enough know how to put into it? I'm looking for something for my heatsink anyways and would be amenable to working with the community on making a ~15mm thick solution.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I think we should crowdfund our own non-ugly fan. Anyone interested or have enough know how to put into it? I'm looking for something for my heatsink anyways and would be amenable to working with the community on making a ~15mm thick solution.
That is actually a good idea.

I have pretty good knowledge about fans, but i dont think i can design an efficient blade and motor. That takes more than just "good knowledge". But if you or someone else is willing to do such a thing, i would be more than happy to help!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Blacknoise has told me they'll develop me a 92mm x 15mm custom fan, but the cost of development is pretty prohibitive for me to go it alone. If they knew there was a substantial market for the product, they've indicated they'd be more keen to absorb some of the development cost on such a product. Since their fans are pretty awesome in my experience, I'd love to get us in a position to work with them.

Darkbreeze

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 4, 2017
As per my email conversation with Noctua. Clearly, not the first time I've spoken with them. Being a moderator on a prominent tech forum I see an undeniable trend towards and desire for both larger and smaller black versions of the primary Noctua fan models, but I think it's likely that whether or not this happens will be entirely dependent on how the models they've already extended to the Chromax lineup do in sales volume. Personally, I'd really like to see 40, 60, 80, 92 AND 200mm versions of these black "Chromax" fans make their way onto the market.

I do have to say that I've found their people to be rather less than cordial. The first reply I got to my inquires wasn't much more receptive than this one, and that was months ago.

Dear Leonard,

we have been in touch before and as I wrote you last time already, we are looking into it.

We are neither blind nor deaf but it just doesn't work as easily as some people believe it does.
A new product takes a lot of work, even when it is "just" derived from an already existing product.

Other chromax series fans will probably follow in the future, I don't know and can't tell when.

Kind regards,
Andreas Karner
Noctua support team

Noctua - geräuschoptimierte Premium Komponenten
Noctua - sound-optimised premium components
E: support@noctua.at
W: http://www.noctua.at

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Without seeing the email that that quote is in reply to, it's difficult to justify the "less than cordial" denotation of the response.

Also, you've necro'd a thread just to affirm what has already been asked for, and to "call out" Noctua for their response. Not exactly behaviour fitting of a moderator of a prominent tech forum!

Ragsters

Trash Compacter
Apr 15, 2018
Very interesting. I currently own a Noctua NF-A9x14 that I bought for my 92mm AIO but instead am using a 25mm black Sunon fan just because of how much the Nactua sticks out like a sour thumb in my Ncase M1.

1st post guys!!! Yahooo!!!

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I will never and have never justified the color of Noctua fans based on their stellar performance. Their standard color scheme is wretched. Thank god their cooler mounting hardware is better than everyone else's.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
At the end of the day Noctua has a level of brand recognition most PC component makers can only dream of. Their color scheme is divisive but everyone knows it. When you look at someones build you instantly know weather or not their using Noctua fans, they stand out. IMO the coffee & cream color scheme makes a hell of alot of sense for Noctua, in much the same way as the Intel Inside sticker. We have Teams red, blue and green because those vendors have chosen to stick to their branding almost religiously. Noctua have made a decision not to commit branding genericide, long live team cream.