Cooling Noctua NH-U12A heatsink review. Will it SFF?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Huge thanks to Noctua for sending us a review sample of their new NH-U12A heatsink. Please let us know what you think below!

It's still a little on the larger side and may not fit in most of our cases but for those that have the room, you may not find a better heatsink.

You can find the review here.

The-Alchemist-404

Caliper Novice
May 14, 2019
Do you guys know if they are gonna make a 92mm version of the new desing fans?, it would be awesome to see a smaller version of this cooler that can fit on the NCase M1

Reactions: Curiosity

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
@The-Alchemist-404 No word yet although I don't see why they couldn't (outside of steep costs and likely minimum sales)

@Phuncz Thank you.

EDIT: We have some alterations that will be made to clear up some points regarding the mounting system. This article will be updated to reflect those changes once we have more information to add.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Do you guys know if they are gonna make a 92mm version of the new desing fans?, it would be awesome to see a smaller version of this cooler that can fit on the NCase M1
They are probably going to at some point. But given that they're taking another year to work on their flagship 140mm Chromax fan, I would guess that 92mm variants are at least a year away if not two. In the meantime, I guess either the older Noctua 92mm fans or the Noiseblocker 92mm fans will work. I'm hoping Noctua is able to knock our socks off with the next 92mm fan design.

Reactions: The-Alchemist-404

zooroo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2019
So i ordered my first Ncase and I want to air cool it for now until I can afford a custom loop. I wanted to know if this heatsink will fit in the case. I have no idea what the height restrictions are on the m1.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So i ordered my first Ncase and I want to air cool it for now until I can afford a custom loop. I wanted to know if this heatsink will fit in the case. I have no idea what the height restrictions are on the m1.
No this one is too tall, 130mm for the Ncase. You can use the NH-U9S which is a popular choice for the Ncase or the NH-C14S.

zooroo

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2019
No this one is too tall, 130mm for the Ncase. You can use the NH-U9S which is a popular choice for the Ncase or the NH-C14S.

Thanks for your reply. Would you know if the thermals on the NH-C14S better than the NH-U9S. I only seem to find some tests with the NH-U9S. Would the L-12S be a good choice?

Last edited: