Solved Noctua NH-C14 vs Noctua U9S vs be quiet Dark Rock TF

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
It looks like the DRTF can fit, but it’s super tight, and I’m not totally convinced it’s worth the hassle
Yes, I also saw this webpage, and because this I purchased the Dark Rock TF, I have Corsair LPX ram modules, but for me this setup is dangerous, I travel with the computer and I don't like these ram modules pushed.

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Macho 90 (vs U9S) has the upper hand in low-noise cooling. Also half the price.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jun 21, 2018
If you consider an U9S, maybe you can consider the Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 too, which should beat an U9S easily.
SA13 should fit inside a M1 (but you should investigate further).

I would be open to giving this cooler a shot, but where can I find one? I only did a quick search, but didn't see regular availability for my region (USA). I looks pretty nice, though! I'll do some more research on this one, and thank you for the suggestion!

Yes, I also saw this webpage, and because this I purchased the Dark Rock TF, I have Corsair LPX ram modules, but for me this setup is dangerous, I travel with the computer and I don't like these ram modules pushed.

Ahh, then my suspicion was correct... LPX wouldn't make the difference. Good to know, and I'm sorry you had to deal with the issue I was hesitantly heading towards. I'll just cross the DRTF off my list, then. Thanks for the comments. :)

Macho 90 (vs U9S) has the upper hand in low-noise cooling. Also half the price.

The Macho 90 has the same issue as the SA13... I don't see where it's available, but I still appreciate the suggestion. :)

Reactions: Veryaton

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I would be open to giving this cooler a shot, but where can I find one? I only did a quick search, but didn't see regular availability for my region (USA). I looks pretty nice, though! I'll do some more research on this one, and thank you for the suggestion!
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/thermalright-silver-arrow-130mm-tower-cooler.8610/
This thread has a lot of info.
Simply put, Thermalright is mainly available in the Chinese market nowadays. You can use an agent to order from Taobao. No sweat.

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
So even with the corsair LPX ram it was pushing?