The be quiet! Dark Rock TF 2 reviews have dropped today and they are mostly positive. The C-style cooler was praised for VRM cooling, noise levels, and stylish looks. However, it was criticized for lackluster overclocking performance, price, and installation issues. Most reviews indicate that while the cooler may be a solid choice for small form factor builds, its performance falters in larger cases compared to less expensive coolers.

The Dark Rock TF 2 features a cooler height of 134mm with both fans, or only 107mm with the top fan removed. The MSRP is $85.90 US, and it includes a 3 year warranty.

Here is a link to the Dark Rock TF 2 product Page.

Written Reviews :

Toms Hardware

Tweak Town

Kit Guru

eTeknix

Think Computers

Hexus

Tech Powerup

(Image from be quiet!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I have the original TF and I was really hoping they would come up with a decent mounting system, the original TF is crap.

Reactions: Revenant

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
everyone should just license Noctuas mounting setup at this point…
I wish but I doubt Noctua wants to give competitors a leg up. They know it's one of their selling points. Even if they priced it accordingly, they'd still need to support and cooperate with other brands that are most likely not close to Noctua's mind set. They have really limited benefits from doing this and only the enthusiast end user wins.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
TechPowerUp called its performance "abysmal".

@Revenant By the way, the eTeknix link leads to a Shadow Rock TF 2 review.

Thanks for letting me know. Fixed for this thread. I’ll fix the main article when I can get to my PC. I’ll also add the Tech Power Up link.

Reactions: Aluminyum

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
TechPowerUp called its performance "abysmal".
hrmm, the tweaktown review has it right up there with top noctuas (U12A, D15), and very quiet too.

this class of top-down coolers seem like the best option for M1/NR200-style cases, and this would be a great alternative to the C14S, if the performance is similar.